Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Thanks Nature Boy and JSlot!

Options
Squeeze
Squeeze Posts: 717
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Chris and Jim...
Thanks for the suggestions for the Butt and the Turkey. My dad raved about the butt, even said it was better than his brother's who has been doing them forever. It was great! And Jim, the brine recipe and suggestions turned out a great turkey. I think my brother got himself in a little hot water though when he told my mom that it was the best turkey he has ever had, even better than hers....boy did it get quiet at the table for that. Wish I took some pics, but with all of the hongry people, there was no time. I owe both of you a cold one or 6 next time we meet up![p]Cheers!!
-Kevin

Kevin Jacques
The University of Que L.L.C. ®
Killen, AL
www.uofque.com

Take Your Taste Buds to School!

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Squeeze,
    Always happy to hear that my babbling has actually helped people achieve their goals. You deserve the credit, though, for filtering enough of the BS out and chosing the valid info and going with it!! [p]Sounds like the bro messed up bigtime. "Best I ever had" would have sufficed. "Even better than Mom's".....now dem is fightin' words.[p]Yowza! You certainly don't owe me any cold ones....but if we hook up, I am not too well known for turning down cold ones. Speaking of which....
    Beers to you.
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • JSlot
    JSlot Posts: 1,218
    Options
    Glad the turkey turned out well, Kevin![p]Jim
  • ToyCollector
    Options
    Squeeze,[p]Having just signed on this weekend, is there a recent thread I can go find? I REALLY wish this place had some decent BBS software.

• Squeeze
    Options
    ToyCollector,
    What are you looking for? Let me know and I might be able to point you in the right direction...Glad you are here, hopefully you will collect many Green Toys....hahaha[p]-Kevin

Kevin Jacques
    Killen, AL
    www.uofque.com

• ToyCollector
    Options
    Squeeze,[p]Well, I assumed you must have had recent advice from Nature Boy on the Butt and advice on the Turkey. Was going to go look for it and maybe some recipes. I did a google on here and came up somewhat empty handed.
  • Squeeze
    Options
    ToyCollector,
    Nature Boy pointed me in the direction of a recipe from Stogie for the Butts. JSlot posted his "It Came From The Brine" for the turkey. It was what he used at Eggtoberfest this year and was great. Look for those. I have them on email, but can't find that version and the printed is at home in the recipe book... [p]-Kevin

Kevin Jacques
    Killen, AL
    www.uofque.com

• JSlot
    JSlot Posts: 1,218
    Options
    Here's the recipe, TC.[p]Jim
    [ul][li]It Came From The Brine[/ul]
  • Squeeze
    Options
    JSlot,
    Thanks for posting that Jim!!
    -Kevin

Kevin Jacques
    Killen, AL
    www.uofque.com

• ToyCollector
    Options
    Squeeze,[p]thank you to both of you. That recipe will be given a try in no time.