Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

tear jerking story, the rest of the story!!

Mainegg
Mainegg Posts: 7,787
edited November -1 in Off Topic
Forwarded to me by my friend LOL it is all so very cool!!!:

http://lincolncountynewsonline.com/main.asp?SectionID=1&SubSectionID=75&ArticleID=46310

Dear Friends and Family: What a week this has been . . . I'll make this short.

On Tuesday, Gary came to our house to announce he had found a biological brother and that the story would be in the local paper (website above). We were vaguely aware that there may be siblings but did not expect this ever to happen.

On Wednesday, Gary called me to say that he and his brother had been interviewed by the local news channel from Portland and that the story would be on the news that night.

Wednesday night (I'm Fine) on my way home from work, I was in a car accident. The car is not fine. Thursday was reasonably uneventful and yesterday, the flood gates opened.

Gary called me at work to say more siblings have been found as a result of the news story. And, tomorrow morning at 7:15 Gary is picking me up, we're meeting a limo and Gary, me, his new-found brother, his wife and her kids, a new sister of Gary's and her husband are all being taken to the Today Show for an interview Monday morning.

It's all so surreal. Today I'm running around trying to get ready to leave. I have cried tears of joy for three days steady. Let's hope we can make it through the next few days. We'll be back on Tuesday with lots of stories to share.

Enjoy this wonderful story and share with as many people as you can. . . it's such a happily ever after story.

It has been an amazing trip. . . the word spread quickly over the Atlantic Ocean as well. Russ's radio has been buzzing! Take care - and thanks to everyone for your love and support.

xoxo - j

Comments

• jagweed
    jagweed Posts: 188
    quite the whirlwind.

how are you related to the brothers? is it your family?
  • Mainegg
    Oh no not me :) very close friends are his aunt and uncle.
  • I worked a case a year or so ago which reunited a son with his biological father after 30 years. He had been looking for his father for over 10 years when I offered to help him. I got his info and went to work. After about an hour I talked to his grand mother who was very defensive and cautious as to what questions she would answer. She thought that he wanted something from her or his dad and that I was trying to pull some kind of scam. I explained to her that he had a successful career and just wanted to meet his father and his side of the family. After I provided her with enough information of peoples names and circumstances of the separation she started to open up. I told her that not only did she have a grand son but 2 great grand children, at that point she broke down in tears. I made arrangements for him to call her at a specific time and when he did the entire family was present at the grand mothers house, Dad included. I was so happy for this kid I did not have the heart to charge the usual fee, the smile on his was payment enough. About a month later he saw his father for the first time in Maine. This young mans reunion story was just as heart waming as him finding his father.
  • Cool Julie, I bet that rewrites Christmas for them!

Gator

• Mainegg
    that must have felt so great Eddie, very satisfying. and Gator, she said when they brought their new son home he was 3 and the system said he would be challenged all his life and never be able to be on his own. he was not even talking yet and very low functioning. They devoted them selves to him and were very lucky to get the help they needed for him and he responded.
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Julie, that is fantastic!! Enjoy the ride. Life is wonderful, eh?
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    Good stuff Eddie!

They will be thankful of your generous work forever.

Priceless ;)