Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Here I go again - making suggestions

Options
Tim M
Tim M Posts: 2,410
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
OK, here I go again making suggestions to forum users. I have a nack of doing this before a large gathering of Egg'ers. Oh well - it needs saying.[p]I am confused by the need to e-mail a person and then post a response to the world for that person to check their e-mail. If they log on to the Internet, 95% of us get a notification of waiting e-mail so why post it?? If your going to post something that addes another post, another archive for the webmaster to deal with and a post we all must read -- then tell us what you told the recipiant -- or just let them find their e-mail. [p]And please, when sending e-mails to people -- please include your forum name. I get dozens of e-mails from people who never tell me who they are. [p]Tim -- off the soap box now

Comments

• Spin
    Spin Posts: 1,375
    Options
    Tim M,[p]I am one that is guilty of the offense you point out. I tend to commit the offense when addressing a question that bumps against the forum rules. I email my response to the poster and then post on the forum only to indicate to the other forum members that a response has been made. I do this only in hopes of avoiding many more useless forum posts to a subject.[p]My apologies. These situations will always come up and then will need to be addressed. If you have a better way to handle these situations, I would appreciate your email with your thoughts and ideas.[p]We both just wasted more hard disk space than several dozen "check your email" posts. We each added absolutely nothing to the general forum knowledge of cooking using the Egg.[p]I suggest that you should have emailed this post to the members that have offended you instead of posting.[p]Spin[p]
  • Gfw
    Gfw Posts: 1,598
    Options
    Spin, this time I have to agree with Tim - I don't really care for the "check your email" type of post either.[p]The difference in disk space between a relatively common message and a "check your email" is almost nothing - don't forget the header and the other details of a post in addition to the message. If the message is worth sending, it is probably worth posting.[p]Have a great weekend![p]
  • Spin
    Spin Posts: 1,375
    Options
    Gfw,[p]Thank you. I can't disagree with you.[p]Various posts are still going to be made that will get responses that all are not according to BGE forum rules. Do you feel that I should just email and not post the notice?[p]Hoping your weekend is great!

• Gfw
    Gfw Posts: 1,598
    Options
    Spin, I'm not suggesting, just commenting. But when I send a reply to a message, I only send the reply - someone else may take a totally different slant on the original post - the magic of discussion groups![p]If you are going to MD and make your pizza make sure that Tim gets a picture - I want top see one from the master![p]Best to you and yours for a happy and bright weekend!