Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New BGE

Options
Louisiana Redneck
Louisiana Redneck Posts: 198
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hello Egg heads,
I have been a constant griller since my college days. I have tried all types of grills from propane for the ease of use and now back to charcoal for the flavor. I have always been wanting to get into smoking but never took the step other than a Weber Kettle Charcoal grill, by the way I love it. WELL, one week ago, I decided on a Large Big Green Egg. So far, I have used it twice. First time for a 6.5 lb. roasting hen. Secondly, for a 4.5 lb. Sirloin Pork Roast. I never heard of that one but the butcher suggested it after not having a Boston Butt. I have got to say, I am now HOOKED> I am looking forward to years of use. I want to experiment on different types of foods also. I will stay tuned to this forum for suggestions. Thanks for your help.[p] Louisiana Redneck

Comments