Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Geauxing fishing

Frank from HoumaFrank from Houma Posts: 5,755
edited 1:07AM in EggHead Forum
As many times as I have gone fishing, I'm like a kid on his first trip to Disney World every time I go. Up two hours before the alarm goes off and wondering why BIL isn't here already. B)

Picked up the Geaux Tiger boat from the Geaux Tiger boat shed yesterday evening. Been a while since it has been out of the Geaux Tiger boat shed. Had to bring it home a knock all the cobwebs off so BIL wouldn't fuss.
boatcrop-1.jpg

Geauxing to load the Geaux Tiger ice chest with some of these
IMG_4107800x600.jpg

So I can bring them to Atlanta next month and blacken them :) :)
IMG_2857800x600.jpg

Full report on tonight's news :woohoo:
·

Comments

• Looks like a winner for all of us. I can taste them now.
    Tight lines! ;)
    ·
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,587
    Lucky dawg!...Geaux get em! :)
    ·
  • Nice Red Fish! Cool boat too! Guess that was caught in the Gulf off Louisiana? Hoping them Tigers eat Gator this season!
    ·
  • smoky bsmoky b Posts: 648
    Great looking fish Frank! Roll Tide!
    ·
  • cookn bikercookn biker Posts: 13,400
    Ahh, you're a tease. I wanna come vacationing with you!! Have a sucsessful day with the fun and snags!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
    ·
  • I have been gone a while, what with vacation and computer problems, and look what I come back to find. Sweeet! I will find you in Atlanta for sure....
    ·
  • Darn Frank... You're make'n me wanna go fishing again. Haven't been in at least 25 years and didn't catch anything then. I think I'm a 'feederman' instead of a 'fisherman.'

I see where the Tigers are on a roll and are plan'n to win tonight too.

See you in Atlanta.

Spring "Market Fisherman" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
    ·
  • BeliBeli Posts: 10,751
    Frank what a beauty.........those simple things in life are the best, we were thinking about you yesterday when i cooked some blackened bass for my inlaws with your Chef Prudhome's Magic. Can't wait to try yours in Atlanta. Take care mi amigo.
    ·
  • FlaPoolmanFlaPoolman Posts: 11,670
    Good luck Frank. I'm going out on the flats tomorrow morning myself. Buddy wants to launch the boat about an hour before sunrise :blink:. See ya next month.
    ·
  • thirdeyethirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Nice Red!! I'll be watching for the follow up report on this weekends fishing.

So, what are the current daily and possession limits? I remember as a little boy they were 10/day and 20 in possession, then one year in the late 60's the limits were cut in half. I thought the minimum length was 14 or 16. We used to fish them in the intercoastal canal.
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
    ·
    Hey Wayne it got tough here in Florida
    Here's the daily limits
    Reds 1 per day between 18 & 27 inches
    Trout 4 per day between 15 & 20 inches 1 per day over 20
    Snook 1 per day between 28 & 32 inches

Kind of limits your take home but still fun to catch
    ·
    DSC04474d.jpg

I'm sure the trout still eat pretty good. I really like them. We have some catch and release only areas but the normal rules are 6 per day, one over 20". In the winter I fish them on hard water.

DSC01546ab.jpg
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

·
    BRRRRR I don't fish when the water looks like the bottom of my beer cooler :S :whistle: :laugh:
    ·
  • AZRPAZRP Posts: 10,116
    Wish I was there, looking forward to eating some of that though. -RP
    ·
    dsc01406L.jpg

Well, the beer is in a cooler..... but that's to keep it from freezing. Heheeee.
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

·
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    Beautiful scenery though
    ·
  • Frank, bring it on! I hope you catch a boatload.

Faith
    ·
  • WOW! That looks fun!

Bootleg
    Evans, GA
    ·
  • Wow!! Brings back memories for this Alabama boy. Several years ago went ice fishing in Maine with my old college roommate.

Had a cooler just to hold the beer, no ice needed. Also remember we stayed at his camp. Had to put clothes on to go to sleep..
    ·
  • Wayne,

Louisiana has an abundance of speckled trout and redfish.

Specs - 12" minimum, 25/day
    Reds - 16" minmum, 5/day
    ·
  • Nice day on the water. Ended up chasing specs more so than reds. Specs are a challenge this time of year because they are in transition from their spawning grounds.

Final tally - 20 specs and 3 reds
    All on artificial

No pics - don't like to bring my camera salt water fishing
    Stopped at a friends camp and cleaned the fish on my way in.
    ·
  • Spring HenSpring Hen Posts: 1,493
    mmmmmmm...can't wait.......
    ·
  • Darn it, Frank, now I'm hungry again and it's only 10 in the morning.

Make me a reservation right now for one of those in Atlanta next month!
    ·