Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Chuck Roast cook time for pulled beef?

EGCEGC Posts: 448
edited 5:56AM in EggHead Forum
Picked up a 3.25 lb chuck roast to cook along with 2 slabs of baby back ribs. How long on the chuck at 225 to 250, indirect?

Thanks!

(Yes, this is something else I should know already, but don't. My not-yet-40-year-old brain is struggling to remember this stuff.)
·

Comments

• My not-yet-40-year-old brain is struggling to remember this stuff.)
    :blink: the fun is just beginning :sick:
    ·
  • Sorry, what was the question again?
    ·
  • Cory430Cory430 Posts: 1,072
    Total time will be 7-10hrs, or at least it is for me.
    ·
  • Time is a term that gets away :ohmy: and gets in the way too :blink: .
    Smoke it until you reach about 160 to 180 F. when temped. This could take as much as 1.5 hrs. / lb.
    Remember to go slow!
    I did my first one a bit to fast and it was on the tough side :angry: .
    ·
  • ShiffShiff Posts: 1,315
    Check the recipe section for Clay's pulled beef BBQ which I have used many times and had great results.

To get over memory problems, use the search feature on the forum. Of course, sometimes I forget to use this feature.
    Barry Lancaster, PA
    ·
  • MarvinMarvin Posts: 515
    One and a half hours per pound; enjoy!
    ·