Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Quick question /Turkey breast

bigdtdbigdtd Posts: 32
edited 8:54AM in EggHead Forum
I have a boneless 1.5 pound marinated breast I am going to cook at 350F, should I go direct or indirect with a platesetter?

Thanks for your prompt response!

Comments

• no takers? i am going direct at 350F with some jack daniels chips and some jack on the rocks! :blink:
  • Either way would be considered "correct". Depends on the result you want to achieve....grilled (direct), or roasted (indirect)? So it's really up to you. If you do go direct, you may want to raise the grid. Wishing you success! ;)
  • at 350 the fire seems tame enough. i will post results thanks for your help. i agree about possibly raising the grid a little higher with boneless breasts. anxious to see how this turns out, we are 20 minutes into the cook, i'm thinking 45 minutes and check temp
  • the grilling worked great, cooked at 350 for 45 minutes turning at halfway point, nice and crispy outside juicy inside. got the pre-basted tequila lime turkey breasts and they turned out great with some jasmine rice and seasoned brussel sprouts....perfection! inside temp 165-175 done.
  • Glad it worked out for you! :) ;) Happy Eggin'! :laugh:
  • bigdtdbigdtd Posts: 32
    Thanks, I'm lovin this thing