Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Darnoctip for today/Baconwrapped whatever

Options
Darnoc
Darnoc Posts: 2,661
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just was looking at a sale for under 15 count gulf shrimp @$7.95 lb. and mentioned to the better half that it looks like a good time for my bacon wrapped with cheddar sprinkled on top with a smidge of BBQ sauce on top.and then made the comment that the bacon is not always as crispy as she would like.Lots of members, me included mention to nuke the bacon first but I have to admit that on certain cooks it just is not crisp enough.So why not do it the old fashioned way and fry it up in a cast iron skillet,drain and crumble it up and put it on top.I don't know about but with shrimp they wont sit long enough for the bacon to get soft.Just a thought.

Comments

• cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    I like that idea better than the microwave. I would do it on the egg and let it just start getting crisp or half crisp so it's still wrappable. I suck at the bacon bondage thing. I do need to practice more. Let us know if you try it. Thanks.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • BobS
    BobS Posts: 2,485
    Options
    Try wrapping them in proscuitto. It is very thin and full of flavor. The plus is that you can pull them when the shrimp is done, without worrying about the proscuitto, because it does not need to be cooked.
  • Darnoc
    Darnoc Posts: 2,661
    Options
    I appreciate the response and I have used prosciutto on many occasions.It has the flavor and texture of good old fashioned chipped beef.But when you get a hankering for good old Bacon-Bacon(sounds like the dog food commercial)the fat in that bacon is where all that flavor comes from.