Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New Toy - Coffee

Options
bitslammer
bitslammer Posts: 818
edited November -1 in Off Topic
Got tired of always making too much or too little coffee. Now it's not an issue. Got me one of these at Costco. The little cups that you can buy are around 50cents/ea unless you catch them on sale which isn't bad but I also use the "My K-Cup" that lets me make my own brew.

Now that I've figured out how to "hack" the "My K-Cup" to make better coffee I'm sold. Before my modifications it was letting the water through the grounds too fast. Now it's perfect.

3911537119_e6b96df4a3_b.jpg

Comments

• JB
    JB Posts: 510
    Options
    We have the same machine and love it. We've tried a lot of different brands and varieties of coffee made for it. Green Mountain is best in my opinion. We order it direct once a month and it comes right to our door. If you like it bold, try Green Mountain Double Black Diamond- good stuff.
  • Judy Mayberry
    Options
    We should take a page out of stike's book...have a thread of "What kind of coffeemaker do you have--and what do you think of it?" I have three different ones and could go on and on about them!

Judy
    San Diego
    Judy in San Diego
  • icemncmth
    icemncmth Posts: 1,165
    Options
    We have a one and love it...I also have a "Cold Brewed" coffee maker.
  • NoleC5
    NoleC5 Posts: 176
    Options
    What is this mod you speak of? We just bought a keurig (switched form a Tassimo) and I think the coffee is too weak on the keurig and was considering buying another Tassimo.
  • bitslammer
    Options
    NoleC5 wrote:
    What is this mod you speak of? We just bought a keurig (switched form a Tassimo) and I think the coffee is too weak on the keurig and was considering buying another Tassimo.

I take a used K-cup, cut out the paper filter and cut it down about 1/4" from the top and put the My K-Cup basket into that. It slows down the coffee and let's it brew better.