Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

mini bananas, or maybe plantains

TRexTRex Posts: 2,708
edited 12:39AM in EggHead Forum
<p />I found these little guys next to the bananas yesterday at the grocery store. They basically looked like mini bananas, but maybe they were actually plantains. They were certainly not as sweet as bananas. [p]Anyway, just sliced them in half, left skins on, sprinkled with turbinado sugar and cinnamon, and threw them on the Mini for about 5 minutes at 600 degrees. [p]A nice bite-size treat.[p]TRex

• TRex,[p]My wife is from Mexico so we cook plantains often as a snack. I have never cooked them on the egg. I should just to see what she thinks about the added smoke flavor. [p]Wingnut