Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

dual flush toilets

Options
fishlessman
fishlessman Posts: 32,740
edited November -1 in Off Topic
do the .8/1.6 gallon dual flos work. just seen one while looking for vanities. i only get 3 flushes once the power goes out with the 3.5 gallon flush unit so the .8/1.6 seems like a good option, but is it enough oomph. anyone have one. maybe this should be an on topic thread since this is where the food finally goes :laugh:
fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it

Comments

• jagweed
    jagweed Posts: 188
    Options
    we had a dual flush option for forty years at my cousin's camp on hampton beach. "if it's yellow, let it mellow, if it's brown, send it down"

to be safe, i just don't even bother flushing anymore. let someone else decide.

if you really want, just do number one in the sink. sounds like you have a bachelor set-up as it is, why buy a fancy toilet
  • fishlessman
    Options
    would be nice to get a couple extra days of flushes in when the power goes out. last winter wasnt good, drive three miles or use a bucket. not much capacity with the lift pump on my sewer line.
    fukahwee maine

• jagweed
    Options
    what a bout a generator?

spend more on gas driving to the shop in order to pinch a l*af than you would running the generator.

(i like this OT forum. they might delete a post like this on the real forum) :laugh:
  • fishlessman
    Options
    i want a generator too. i need a new krappah anyways, might save some wear and tear on the lift pump too, i know that will break dead winter and ill be out there digging thru the snow ice and frozen ground looking for it.
    fukahwee maine

• jagweed
    Options
    you can minimize the wear and tear on the lift pump by keeping a short bit of broomstick handle next to the krappah. break up anything big with it before sending it down. sometimes the things just won't go. even seen them have to breach and nose under before they'll go down.

my brother's best friend will not allow his own brother to drop a deuce in his toilet when he's visiting, because he's a notorious clogger. like a baby's arm for cryin out loud. they all visited alabama as kids, maybe 17years old, and stayed at one of the kid's aunt's house. jimmy (the notorious def*cator) dropped one so large, my brother said it refused to go down the whole week they were there. the guys all had to take turns tryna cut it in half when takin' a wh!zz, but it still never went. not until the last day they were there.

true story...

i figure no one can really complain about this story, because they are six posts down into a thread about toilets... i mean, c'mon, right?
  • fishlessman
    Options
    if they would just let me put a regular old two seater in the back yard i would be all happy. so bad now the lake association is after me to pick up after my dog in my own yard, saying im poluting the lake :laugh: where do these people come from, or has it always been this way down here :whistle:
    fukahwee maine

• jagweed
    Options
    you have a crawl space... just unhook the pipe.
  • Essex County
    Options
    At my wife's family's farm, it was "don't flush unless it's solid or incredible."
  • jagweed
    Options
    actually, if it's incredible, you should call in a witness
  • Little Steven
    Options
    jagweed,

If it were an urgent matter would you want to be out in the snow pulling the starting cord. Give it more choke in more than one case :laugh:

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Cpt'n Cook
    Cpt'n Cook Posts: 1,917
    Options
    Hope that thread is over.

"If it's yellow let it mellow" was used by Gerry Brown running for governor of CA during a water shortage. His opponent penned the "If it's brown flush it on down" line. Must have been a fun campaign :laugh:
  • jagweed
    Options
    guy says he hopes the thread goes away, but stuck with it and read every post.
    hahaha :)

was telling someone off-line the whole point of the exercise was to see what person would complain at the very end that the thread was rotten and there was no place for it here. ...thereby proving they'd read the whole thing. hahaha

reminds me of the bible-thumper secretary in my very first office. she would complain constantly about how filthy our innuendo was during in-office conversation. funny thing was most of the time the filth was in her own take on things. sure, we'd include innuendo every now and then, but the truly rotten clever stuff was usually all accidental, and it would be her that would point it out..
  • hornhonk
    hornhonk Posts: 3,841
    Options
    Remember this? I'm sure I'll be poo-poo'ed off the site...

2.jpg
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,512
    Options
    I replaced three toilets in our house with the American Standard Flowise dual flush model and am very happy with the low water consumption. Most of the time even the small flush takes care of the big job if it's not too big. The water level in the bowl is very low because of the trap design (crappy science), hence it takes very little water to push the solids over the elongated hump, so to speak. No more watching the craps doing the victory laps :woohoo: . The only disadvantage is you stain the bowl if you miss the water so you better aim well; when that happens don't wait till the job is done, flush immediately :woohoo:

Heard about an Australian woman who was afraid to use the toilets at LAX airport? She called for help and claimed every single toilet was flooded, LOL :silly:
    canuckland
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,512
    Options
    hey fishless, just wondering if you installed any of those toilets?
    -Gary
    canuckland