Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

A few cooks from the past 2 weeks

iahawkfan16
iahawkfan16 Posts: 48
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
First TREX Ribeye w/ bleu cheese

web.jpg?ver=12524608830001

Meatloaf and best baked potato ever
web.jpg?ver=12529584090002

web.jpg?ver=12524609090001

First Pizza attempt, not too bad...

web.jpg?ver=12524608010001

web.jpg?ver=12524608360001

The steak and meatloaf were the greatest thing ever. Pizza needs a little help, but will definitely try again.

Comments

• reelgem
    reelgem Posts: 4,256
    Great job on everything Jason! I'm a meatloaf lover so if I had to pick from the 3 that with the baked potatoes would be my choice.
  • Believe I will have a steak tonight. Looks great!

Mike
  • mojo
    mojo Posts: 220
    Great looking cooks! What made the potatos the best ever?
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Great cooks you have done! Pics are great. You first pizzas look better than mine. Your's are tan mine were pale :laugh:
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • The potatoes I just scrubbed clean, rolled in EVOO, then rolled in kosher salt. Put them on the last 1 hour w/ the meatloaf, and they were perfect. My parents, wife and I were amazed. We were all used to my mom making meatloaf and potatoes in the oven, and the potatoes would be shrivelled up and dry. These were fantastic.
  • mojo
    mojo Posts: 220
    Thanks for the reply about the taters, seems easy enough. It looks like you placed them around the perimeter of the drip pan, i.e. you cooked them direct? At what temp for the meatloaf and potatos, please?
  • I have the spider/adjustable rig combo. Used the spider w/ pizza stone and drip pan for indirect. Got the egg stabilized at 350, cooked meatloaf til 160 (about 1.5 hours). I checked temp w/ my thermapen. I put the potatoes on 30 minutes into the cook, so they cooked 50-60 mins @ 350, indirect. I did not check to see what the internal temp was on the tators.

I'm doing this same cook for friends on Friday night and can hardly wait. I took an earlier recipe from Mainegg, modified it slightly. Make sure to sautee the onion, garlic, and peppers before mixing them in the meatloaf. We all thought it really added the flavor. The last 30 minutes of my cook, i basted it with a mixture of the regulard Blues hog mixed w/ some of their thinner Tennessee Red (i think it's called).