Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Birthday Breakfast - Sauteed Shrimp with Grits and Apple Sausage

Options
QBabe
QBabe Posts: 2,275
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hey Folks...[p]So Larry finally opens the mysterious box yesterday and lo and behold, finds not rocks and not pecan wood, but a real mini egg! He was so darn sure that's what was in there that he'd planned steaks for tonight's dinner as the first cook...but we were both itching to fire that little cutie up, so wound up doing an impromptu breakfast that turned out most excellent...[p]mini-egg.jpg[p]...the new mini[p]sheiba-likes-the-mini.jpg[p]...the doberman paying close attention to the new mini egg[p]sausage-patties.jpg[p]Cooked up some fresh apple sausage patties and while they were cooking outside, went in and made the cheese grits. Fried up some bacon, then used the drippings and cooked peppers, onions and shrimp for the topping. [p]shrimp-topping.jpg[p]Then combined it all and had a YUMMY breakfast...[p]sauteed-shrimp-with-grits.jpg[p]Happy Friday!
Tonia
:~)[p][p][p][p][p]

Comments

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    QBabe,
    looks like you broke into a tradition usually reserved for men. .. .for thousands of years, since Ug brought home a club for his wife for her birthday, and she promptly handed it back to him to kill some dinner, men have purposely bought gifts for their wives, knowing that they (the man) would be the prime user/beneficiary of said gift. . .things like power tools, big screen tv's, vehicles, sporting equipment, etc. . . .but you seem to have reversed this here. ..why do i see at least a fifty/fifty share of that mini in your future. ..[p]present for mr. hyde, yea- right!!!![p]LOL. . .and happy b-day to the hyde man. .

• Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Options
    QBabe, that certainly looks good. And even though Mr. Hyde didn't get any pecan wood for his birthday, if you need any, give me a shout. I think you will be amazed at how much you will use the mini. It's great for quick cooks.

• Mr. Hyde
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome,
    Wait till she sees the bandsaw she is getting for Christmas!

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    Mr. Hyde,
    LOL . .. so now you will use it to make a table for her. . . .sounds like you both have a pretty good deal going!!. . .so which one of you cooked the thanksgiving bird??

• QBabe
    QBabe Posts: 2,275
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome,[p]Actually, he's already got every tool known to man and is well on the way in the table making process. We have a local cypress mill nearby so he's he was able to get some nice wood at a reasonable price. We're still debating on the top, though...[p]As for the T-Day bird, neither of us...we went to Larry's dad's for the big day and his sister did the bird. We took the small over there and did a 4 lb boneless leg of lamb roast as our contribution that turned out to be delicious...[p]Tonight the birthday celebrations continue with some T-Rex strip steaks, baked potatoes, tossed salad, garlic bread and bananas balinese and ice cream for dessert.[p]Mmmmmm!
    Tonia
    :~)

• Mike in MN
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome,[p]I once worked with a young lady whose husband gave her a chain saw for Christmas....I don't think they are married anymore.[p]When we were first married, we moved into a new house and there was no garage door opener. SO, (having no money) I gave her a garage door opener for Xmas......Geez, I'm still getting hammered over that, 25 years later.[p]I just made her a cup of Cafe Cubano....I'm not going to show her those obscene pictures of QBabes breakfast.[p]Mike in MN
  • Rib-Rob
    Options
    Mike in MN,
    I wish I had better news for you, but...it doesn't get any better. I am STILL hearing about the night in 1967 (might have been early '68) when I (gasp) put salt on my pizza. I mean, it was hot out, they under-seasoned the dough--I DID IT, OK! I ADMIT IT. 36 years!!! Man, they have good memories on some stuff.