Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

AZRP Pizza Dough ?

TomM24TomM24 Posts: 1,364
edited 2:17PM in EggHead Forum
Just mixed up my first batch with my new Kitchen Aid. The only thing is my new model is a Pro HD 475 watt. It says to use only speed 2 with the dough hook. I used to use a 575 watt at speed one. I just kneaded it for 8 minutes it goes quite a bit faster at speed two I stopped after 8 minutes any thoughts on if I should go the full 15 minutes? It looks about right now
·

Comments

• AZRPAZRP Posts: 10,116
    I think it says not to exceed level 2, I do mine on 1. -RP
    ·
  • TomM24TomM24 Posts: 1,364
    It had a sticker on it that said speed 2 only. I always used 1 before. I think I'll try 9 minutes and see how it comes out.
    ·
  • AZRPAZRP Posts: 10,116
    You won't hurt anything using 1, check the manual though. -RP
    ·
    The manual is silent on the issue. I'll send them an email and ask why. It doesn't seem to make a lot of sense.
    ·
  • I usually mix the dough on #1 and knead the dough on #2 for four minutes on my Kitchen Aid.I've been doing it four about 4 years that way with no problems.
    Jon
    ·
    Thanks I figured someone must be using speed 2.
    ·
  • DarnocDarnoc Posts: 2,661
    I kind of do the same thing I use the paddle to mix it up on speed one then use the hook on speed two till you get the bakers window.
    ·