Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
April showers bring...National BBQ Month! Are you ready for a month full of briskets, pulled pork and chicken wings? We hope so, because it’s almost here! Keep an eye out for some of our favorite BBQ recipes we’ll be sharing with you throughout the month of May.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Bacon Wrapped Dove, Taters, Avocado

EGCEGC Posts: 448
edited 4:02AM in EggHead Forum
Brined the birds for a couple of hours. Didn't really notice any difference in taste, moisture or texture.

DSC_0147.jpg

Stuffed with a slice of lemon and a slice of onion. And, dusted with DP Tsunami Spin.

DSC_0148.jpg

Wrapped in Bacon and dusted again.

DSC_0149.jpg

Cooked indirect with some smashed taters.

DSC_0151.jpg

Plated with grilled avocado.

DSC_0152.jpg
·

Comments

• Those look really good. I used to pluck mine and lost my patience now I just breast them. :)
    ·
  • TomM24TomM24 Posts: 1,364
    They look great! The meat is really dark. I be it has alot of flavor
    ·
  • That looks real good

Ross
    ·
  • smoky bsmoky b Posts: 648
    Looks great! How do you do the potatoes like that?
    ·
  • NoVA BillNoVA Bill Posts: 3,005
    Wow they look terrific - no comment on taste with the bacon wrap?
    ·
  • Big'unBig'un Posts: 5,909
    Looks great!
    ·
  • You guys are killing me with the dove post. It's been too long since I've had any. I need to get with my buddy who still hunts a lot.
    ·
  • We debreast them and wrap with bacon. Know as the Flying filets.They slide right in,Yum. This year stunk, not many birds here in central illinois with the cooler weather
    ·
  • rsmdalersmdale Posts: 2,472
    Nice dove breast,try some pico de gallo stuffed in the cavity. Sorta like a reverse abt.

GOOD EATS AND GOOD FRIENDS

DALE
    ·
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,587
    AMEN!!! ;)
    ·
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,587
    Beautiful!!You have WAY more patience than me!!!Breast em,Marinate em, smoke em!!!Add stuff, if you want!Lotta trouble.IMHO!!!TINY birds!!! :unsure: :huh:
    ·
  • EGCEGC Posts: 448
    Boiled in some spices 'till soft. Cooled a bit. Flattened with a spatula. poured some olive oil in the foil, place in the taters, and added some more evoo and some salt. Cooked for a while with the dove.
    ·
  • EGCEGC Posts: 448
    We used to race picking the birds when I was a kid. Picked them INDOORS in the den. Mom could pick a dove, including the wings, in under a minute. Unreal. I'm about 2 minutes a bird with no feathers-a-flying. Don't like the wings though.

My FAVORITE part of the dove is the leg and thigh. You can have the breast.
    ·
  • I am gonna have to try the legs and thigh...
    ·