Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Welcome to "The Nest" (pic heavy)

Susan EgglaineSusan Egglaine Posts: 2,430
edited 9:06PM in EggHead Forum
the start..
DSCN4058.jpg

DSCN4106.jpg
Just happened to drop off the bell as "The Nest" chairs were coming out of the oven

DSCN4084.jpg
Don the cabinet man & Steve the electrician

DSCN4131.jpg
Teresa "Nest"er started to pressure wash and stain where the eggs were going. Then the whole deck and house needed to match, so 20 gallons of stain later & she is out there now! :laugh:
DSCN4171.jpg
The dinner bell was left to me in my Grandparents will.
DSCN4168.jpg
DSCN4172.jpg
DSCN4178.jpg

still some more work to be done ( the TV will flip down,tiles will be in front of the eggs, sound system etc.) but the girls are a cookin now!

Comments

• cookn bikercookn biker Posts: 13,407
    What a fabulous space you guys have created!! I love it! Top of the line Susan.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Susan....AWESOME!! :woohoo: That is a fabulous set up!!! :laugh: Those chairs are simply amazing! :woohoo: Good for you!! You both deserve the best! :) ;) Enjoy!
  • RipnemRipnem Posts: 5,511
    That place rocks Susan. Chairs are over the top!
  • ZippylipZippylip Posts: 4,336
    omg, Susan, that is just spectacular in every respect, I am sure the girls will enjoy their new posts, great, great job; from one hut hanger to a new nest hanger, congratulations
  • FlaPoolmanFlaPoolman Posts: 11,670
    Beautiful Susan,,, so the afterparty will be moved to "THE NEST" ? :woohoo: :woohoo: great job and I'm sure you and Teresa are going to love it. Be wary though of any electrician named Steve :ohmy: :whistle:
  • BobSBobS Posts: 2,485
    WOW. The chairs are amaizing!
  • NoVA BillNoVA Bill Posts: 3,005
    Wow what a great "Nest". I see your "girls" are sittin' at attention awaiting orders.

Great pics.
  • Thanks! It really did turn out better than I imagined! :)
  • Hey Susan, My name is Steve and I'm an electrician too. Looks wonderful. Congrats to you and Teresa on a great job. When is the christening party...I'm booked the third weekend in October but available any other time :laugh:

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Little Steven wrote:
    Hey Susan, My name is Steve and I'm an electrician too. Looks wonderful. Congrats to you and Teresa on a great job. When is the christening party...I'm booked the third weekend in October but available any other time :laugh:

Steve
    Depends on how much you charge? :laugh:
  • SSN686SSN686 Posts: 2,989
    Morning Susan:

I am amazed at how the bar keeps getting raised with these outdoor kitchen spaces. That is BEAUTIFUL and sets a new standard for the rest of Eggdom to try and follow.

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• FluffybFluffyb Posts: 1,815
    Talk about party central! Great job, what an incredible space.
  • I was thinking, yawn...another patio deck. Not so! That came out beautiful! Wow!
  • AZRPAZRP Posts: 10,116
    Just absolutely beautiful Susan! -RP
  • Susan,

A lot...but that's in Canadian dollars ;)

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• WOW! You weren't kidding when you said you wanted a place to cook. You did good. The chairs are something else. Very original.

So when's the Nest Party? We'll give you some time to get settled in first and then come see. How's next weekend for you??? Just kidding. We've used or committed our Egg money for this year. But next year be sure to let us know well in advance. We would love to see your Nest first hand, preferably during a party.

My 'Girls' will love seeing what you've done with the place.

Spring "Fell Far From The Nest" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • WessBWessB Posts: 6,937
    Yeah Baby...that is Schweeeeet....
  • Whoa Bubba! It's like the Taj Mahal of Eggin with special thrones. Eggcelent.
  • The Chicken coop & Tiki Hut are works of art & inspired me. I will work on some dates! :)
  • Beautiful!

I'm jealous of all of it - 4 eggs & a TV in a covered BBQ area - almost heaven!
  • tjvtjv Posts: 3,354
    man-o-man, that is beeeee u tea full. t
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • SoCalWJS wrote:
    Beautiful!

I'm jealous of all of it - 4 eggs & a TV in a covered BBQ area - almost heaven!
    yes,I am pinching myself!
  • Wow Susan, you have really set the bar high. That certainly is a "nest" you can be proud of for years to come. Happy eggin.
    Larry
    Aiken, SC. and
    Fancy Gap, Va.
  • Spring HenSpring Hen Posts: 1,494
    That is too beautiful for words....you did good.... Can't wait for the Nest Fest.
  • Whoa...I think we have a winner!
  • What a great space! I've been dreaming of an outdoor kitchen for some time now.

Those chairs are killer! B)
    LBGE w/modified Whiz table, Webers and such.
  • OMG!!! That is INCREDIBLE! One of the best outdoor kitchens I've seen!

My nephew Ben, just start at VT with a scholarship in swimming! Go Hokies! Well, now that the Bama game is over!

Again INCREDIBLE!!
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,587
    Great setup!You don't mess around when it comes to buildin a NEST!!!BTW,LOVE the bell!
  • Wow, Susan! Looks like a party just waiting to happen. Nice job!

Patty
  • Eggcellant Susan....what a place to relax and cook. Can't wait for the Nest Fest.