Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

crab Stuffed Shrimp

Options
BobS
BobS Posts: 2,485
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I stuffed some large shrimp with seasoned crab meat and wrapped them in prosciutto.

13-09-09StuffedShrimp.jpg

I added some roasted new potatoes.

13-09-09RoastedTaters.jpg

We finished off the roasted beet salad I made yesterday and Susan added a nice salad.

13-09-09PlatedShrimp.jpg

Comments

• Zippylip
    Zippylip Posts: 4,768
    Options
    Bob, now I am starving again, that looks so good, shrimp, crab, prosciutto, 3 of the best ingredients available, all together, I can only imagine, this is a must try, thanks for the idea
    happy in the hut
    West Chester Pennsylvania
  • cooksome
    Options
    looks good but what is prociutto?
  • Fluffyb
    Fluffyb Posts: 1,815
    Options
    Those are truly a thing of beauty!
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    You both put on one heck of a great meal!! Looks great.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • BobS
    Options
    cooksome wrote:
    looks good but what is prociutto?

It is a kind of Italian ham that can be eaten raw. I like it better than bacon, for cooking things like shrimp and scallops, because you do not have to worry about how done it is and can focus on the expensive seafood.
  • NoVA Bill
    NoVA Bill Posts: 3,005
    Options
    Decadent, down right decadent. :) Looking good, nice pics!
  • BayouMark
    Options
    I'm doing that one. Do you have a recipe for the roasted beet salad. Beets are high on my consume list.
  • BobS
    Options
    BayouMark wrote:
    I'm doing that one. Do you have a recipe for the roasted beet salad. Beets are high on my consume list.

Here it is.

Beet Salad with Oregano, Pecans and Goat Cheese
    Fine Cooking, Oct-Nov, 2009

8-10 med beets (red, golden, or a combination)
    3 T EVOO
    3 T aged balsamic vinegar
    S&P to taste
    4 oz soft goat cheese crumbled
    2 T chopped fresh oregano
    ¼ C lightly toasted pecan pieces

Steam the beets until a paring knife enters easily - 35-40 min, depending on size. Cool so that you can handle and peel the beets and slice into wedges

Transfer the beets to a serving bowl and drizzle with EVOO and balsamic vinegar. Season with S&P. Sprinkle the goat cheese, oregano, and pecans over the beets and serve.

COMMENTS: Can substitute blue cheese or feta for the goat cheese and walnuts for the pecans.

I roasted the beets on the grill, with some pecan wood, for added flavor.

To roast pecans, place the nut halves on a cooking sheet and place in the oven at 350 for 8-10, minutes, stirring once.
  • eggfan
    Options
    Hey cooksome, you can find the ham at rouses on hwy 90