Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re feeling pretty super, how about you? The big game is fast approaching, and while we love football, we love an excuse to invite people over and cook even more! You too can cook like a champion with recipes from Dr. BBQ’s NFL Gameday Cookbook: Grilled Tuna Sandwiches from Seattle and Baked Brie from New England. Who’s going to win? You’ll have to cook both to find out.

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

bbq

SeattleQSeattleQ Posts: 20
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Decided to have an impromptu cook Friday night since the end of summer is nearing. We had my brother and sister in-law over and featured a 4 pound, 3 inch thick Porterhouse served family style. I seared this at 650 degrees with the dome open for 90 seconds per side and then let it rest for 20 minutes. I quelled the fire down to 400 degrees and added some Mesquite chunks for the roast. Roasting time was 7 minutes per side for a perfect medium rare after a 10 minuute rest. Served with baked potatoes and garlic bread. Ahhh, indian summer in the Northwest.

Happy Grilling!
053.jpg
072.jpg
079.jpg
093.jpg
125.jpg
·

Comments

• RGBHVRGBHV Posts: 1,317
    That's not BBQ - that's heaven!

Michael
    ·
  • BeliBeli Posts: 10,751
    Beautiful my friend not bad at all for your 3rd. post...... :ohmy: ...can just imagine the 100th...:laugh: keep the good work & felicidades!!!!!
    ·
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,587
    DELISH!YUMMEE lookin eats!
    ·
  • EggsakleyEggsakley Posts: 1,014
    Outstanding pics. Bet that bad boy produced no left overs.
    ·
  • NoVA BillNoVA Bill Posts: 3,005
    That's one big piece of MOOOO!

Looks great had to taste great!
    ·
  • Funny thing is I have had my egg for 2 years and only just started posting. I have done a lot with my egg including 2 successful long smokes, a brisket and a pork shoulder. Looking forward to even more.

Thanks!
    ·
  • I agree with RGBVH - thats not BBQ, thats great steakhouse cooking!! Bet that beats any steak house - now all the special occasion dinners can be at your house!

Faith
    Tampa
    ·
  • My nipples just got hard.... ;)
    ·
  • Just so everyone knows. I didn't mean to call this post BBQ, it was supposed to be called last nights grill but somehow I forgot to change it. Thanks for all the great comments!
    ·
  • Looks incredible.

I'm a newbie - how did you prepare the potatoes at the same time?
    ·
  • "My nipples just got hard"

Me too. The second and third pics in particular really hit me in my special spot.
    ·
  • Nice peace of meat

Ross
    ·
  • I actually par cooked them in the microwave first and than finished them on the Egg after I pulled the steak from the sear.

Thanks.
    Scott
    ·
  • PineyWoodsBrewer wrote:
    My nipples just got hard.... ;)
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    ·
  • Awesome - hope no seared eyebrows...

Seriously - fantastic pic and I cannot imagine how good that was.
    ·
  • WessBWessB Posts: 6,937
    Not BBQ at all...looks good tho..
    ·
  • cookn bikercookn biker Posts: 13,272
    Wow!! First post I looked at of the day and I get this.
    Just fantastic pics, thanks!!
    ·
  • Wow! Well done!
    Best,
    WA
    ·
  • Now I know what I want for dinner tonight! B)
    ·
  • I know, I know, I forgot to change my title.
    ·
  • let me join in the pigpile and say that looks absolutely fabulous!

An interesting point to note- your steak looked so good that NO ONE commented on the fact that your taters were wrapped in foil!

(Hey mine were wrapped in foil tonight, I'm just sayin......)

the hard nipple thing made me laugh (and fart) out loud!

too much information, I know....
    ·
  • That looks wonderful.
    ·