Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tandoori Nirvana

Richard Fl
Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have been eating and cooking tandoori, chicken & lamb for many years both with the BGE and not. A few months ago I decided that a vertical holder for the skewers and high heat 550-600F would get me the 7-9 minutes cooking time done evenly.

So had a pottery base made to hold the skewers, the pot was fired at 2250 so that should work for the high heat of the LBGE. Friend of mine "AVOCADO JOE" a lurking egger for years, my mango connection, had been to the california wine country a few months back and saw a cooking demo for the BGE with clay pots turned upside down and the skewer in the hole.

POTHOLDER2.jpg

Then had to find some skewers that were over sized for my project and would deal with the high heat.

GREENPOT2.jpg

Took some boneless skinless chicken breasts and thighs and marinated in plain yogurt and tandoori seasoning for 24 hours.

COOKING575F.jpg

Cooked at 550-600F for 6-7 minutes and served with coucoucus and veggies. Worth the years of waiting to get to the finished product.

PLATED-3.jpg

Comments