Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Stuffed Bell Peppers

Options
TXTriker
TXTriker Posts: 1,177
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I really didn't know what I was doing. My lovely wife has to work tonight and I have a late meeting to attend so I thought this would be a good time to try my stuffed peppers. It didn't matter if I bombed or not and Susie doesn't like green peppers anyway.

I bought some Johnsonville Brat Italian Sausage and split them open; removing the meat.

2 large green bell peppers
Italian sausage
Spaghetti sauce
1/4 Cup Onion Diced
8.8 Toss in the micro wave Uncle Ben's Rice
Package of Mozzarella cheese, grated
Package of Parmesan cheese, grated

All I could find was Johnsonville Italian Brats six to a package.
I cut them open and removed the sausage. About the only thing that was measured was the onion. The rest was just kind of what looked right or good.

I browned the sausage and onions in a skillet.
Adding the rice which I nuked to the sausage and onions in a bowel I mixed in the parmesan cheese.

I cut the top off the peppers and removed veins and seeds.

With this mixture I stuffed the peppers. I added a layer of the spaghetti sauce to the bottom of my 9 X 9 inch pan and my stuffed peppers. I sprinkled on the mozzarella cheese on the peppers and added more speghetti sauce and added more cheese.

I should have added all of the speghetti sauce but didn't. Next time I will.

I did not know if this was a direct or indirect cook. I did indirect at 350 for 30 minutes.

Here are the ingredients with the spaghetti sauce missing

DSC00285.jpg

Cheesed

DSC00286.jpg

Sauced

DSC00287.jpg

Ready for the Peppers

DSC00289.jpg

DSC00290.jpg

Not bad for a first attempt

DSC00291.jpg

Comments