Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Labor Day Marathon Cook

eggineric
eggineric Posts: 81
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Had company down this weekend from Nebraska. My brother just both a traeger so I had to show him how versatile the egg is. I tried to talk him into one and so did my dealer but no avail. Cooked some baked beans then pork butt on the large. Greeted them with some ABTs on the small for a midnight snack. Had the pulled porks for lunch. Then threw on two racks of spare ribs (oops forgot the pics). Then for breakfast had a breakfast burrito buffet. After breakfast was cleaned up I decided to make some fire roasted pizza sauce. Leftovers for lunch. Made a breakfast pizza the next morning followed by pizza for lunch. Everyone had a good time. It was a nice weekend. Now my brother and sister want an egg too.

Laborday019.jpg

Laborday014.jpg

Laborday017.jpg

Laborday020.jpg

Laborday057.jpg

We also had some of Grandma's famous cheeseburgers but I thought that needed its own post.

Comments

• I bet he kicked himself in the butt all the way home :woohoo: Looks like you showed them a great time. My wifes aunt has a Traeger and it fits her fine. She's not really into smoking or grilling much, she just wanted something to throw some ribs or a butt on and thats it. I have to admit, I looked at the Traegers :unsure: before choosing the egg. Glad I chose the egg.
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    NICE LOOKIN VITTLES!!! ;)
  •  
    Nice post Eric, sounds like a wonderful weekend. The food looks fantastic.

Gator

• loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,759
    Good job cooking all the great looking goodies!
    Too bad yer bro had to learn the hard way.
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    You did as much cooking as I did. Nice work! Keep up the converting :)
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • NoVA Bill
    NoVA Bill Posts: 3,005
    Talk about "main lining" the egg! Nice pics and cooks. Folks had to be pleased.
  • Thanks. Thanks. The stove never got used once the whole weekend. I told them, it is like that a lot. I did burn about 20 lbs of charcoal. They couldn't believe I cooked about 30 hours on one load of lump and still had some leftover. I think they are ready to do it again.
  • BHE1
    BHE1 Posts: 205
    I have three eggs now but I must admit, I had some really good food cooked on a Traeger. I was visiting my wife's relatives in Portland, OR and he and I cooked some really good chicken wings and ribs on the Traeger.

I still prefer my eggs though.