Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I copied your table and your table (4 pics)

Serial Griller
Serial Griller Posts: 1,186
edited November -1 in EGG Table Forum
I finished my cedar table this weekend and it's 35" high so decided to make a back door to load the egg rather than my wife and I trying to lift it into the hole.I just removed 5 boards from the top and the one rail .I added a verticle 2x6 to support the divided top rails. Thanks to all for sharing your ideas.It's basically a NakedWhiz table. On the prowl for the proper hardware( bottle opener& hooks)
P1010100.jpg
the casters are from Caster City and are mounted with a 1/2" x 3-1/2 lag bolt and washer into the 4x4 legs
P1010058.jpg
adding a thrid shelf made for some extra steps but gives more storage space for platesetter ,etc.
P1010118.jpg
top has 18x 18 ceramic tile.
P1010119.jpg

Comments

• Hey, S G. Nice table. As for bottle openers Google fun bottle openers, you should be able to find an asst. of NFL, NCAA, etc. Success and Smiles to you.
  • I like the pics of the table, just bought my Egg a couple of weeks ago and in need of a good table. I have one question. Did you put bricks under your Egg if so any certain kind.
  • Thanks for the comments on my table.
    I used 4x9 firebricks sometimes called half bricks under my egg and then I placed the green egg feet under the egg for more airflow.
    The firebricks are just supported by three boards to allow for good airflow underneath.
    See WileECoyote's post on othe naked whiz site.This is a good article on fire safety.The pictures are worth a thousand words.Here's the site:
    http://www.nakedwhiz.com/eggbase/eggbase.htm
    Have fun with your table.
    Jon
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,759
    Very nice table Jon!
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • loco_engr wrote:
    Very nice table Jon!
    Thanks Dan...It was a labor of love!
  • dubah
    dubah Posts: 60
    Hey Jon, beautiful table and flowers you have there. Nice work.
    My egg got home great, built a table (I sent you email pics of Hasty Bake, too), have made ribs, butt and Trex steaks, so far.
    Be well
  • Nice table!
    Excellent job!
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Nice work Jon. Same thing I said to Larry. You guys come on down and I'll cook while you build :laugh: :)
    Table looks great!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • brookspw
    brookspw Posts: 7
    I am gathering ideas/plans to build my table. I am generally looking to do something very similar.

Here is my main question: It appears that you have about 3 or 4" inches between the bottom vent and the front edge of the table. You have to pull ash out the vent door and across the wood and into your ash bucket?

I'm not going to do that. I am looking for a design solution.

Anyone with ideas?
  • Serial Griller
    Serial Griller Posts: 1,186
    I just use a small dust pan along with my ash tool and a bench brush to clean up any that spills.