Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Merry Christmas and may your holiday be filled with delicious food and loved ones...to help you devour the food! Our Holiday Entertaining Guide can help if you’re still making a Christmas menu. If you’re looking for fun, last minute holiday activities, check out EGGcellent Sugar Cookies, BGE Cake Pops, Santa Hat Brownies, Pig Candy or Holiday Drinks! See you in the New Year EGGheads!

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Shady competion judging.......MAYBE?

Midnight SmokerMidnight Smoker Posts: 273
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Not going to name the comp yet, but there seems to have been a little stink in the air. Have done this comp for the last 5 years and this has never happened. 25% of the chicken entries where DQ'd for being undercooked. I was one of them and I probed all my pieces with my Thermopen and all the reading were over 170*'s (over cooked in my book!). I brined and smoked for 2 hours....then cranked up the heat and glazed for 8-10 minutes.

Just a bit pissed because we would have taken Grand Champ and at least another $700. We took second in ribs and 3rd in set-up.

There were6 KCSS judges and 2 "celebrity judges". Do all the judges have to confirm the undercooked piece? Does 25% sound like a large number of DQ'S?????

Thanks and sorry for the rant, Paul

Comments