Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Tailgate Food

Iowa State EggerIowa State Egger Posts: 337
edited 8:50AM in EggHead Forum
I did a little practicing yesterday on some tailgate food and cooking techniques.

First thing to do was to fire up the smalls. I set one up indirect at about 225 degrees and the other up direct at about 300 to 350 degrees. This allowed me to move food back and forth as needed.

Second thing was to hang the beer flag:

I started with wings. They went on direct first to try to get the skin nice and crisp, then they want indirect to finish the cook and for some saucing:

Next were skins. Again, started them direct for the skin and then moved over to melt cheese:

And finally some chicken on stick. The were indirect first with smoke and then direct to finish up:

Everything turned out well and I am ready for Saturday!

• Nice Eggating!
  • RipnemRipnem Posts: 5,511
    Love the dual outboards ;)
  • cookn bikercookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Nice job. I love chicken satay's! I want a flag like that!! :)
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • gdenbygdenby Posts: 4,776
    Nice demonstration of why multiple Eggs are a better thing.
  • You are going to be a hit at the games!
  • The eggnation fans practice as hard as the players B)

Nice tailgating - looks like you are ready for the season :)
  • reelgemreelgem Posts: 4,256
    What a lineup for your tailgating party. Looks like you're good to go for Sat. Your food looks fantastic!!! I'm so excited that football season is here. :)
  • You ready for Oct. 3rd?

• Dave....You'll be the envy of the party! ;) I am sure there will be more than one person asking questions about those "funny green things" you're cooking on! :laugh: ;) Food looks great! Have a blast! :laugh: :)
  • Dave, chicken on a stick AND a beer flag, you, sir, are the man! Marc
  • You will have people coming to see you instead of the game :woohoo: :woohoo:
  • If I was Iowa State Egger I wouldn't be worried about October 3rd, K-State and Bill "old as hell" Snyder don't have a very good team this year.

I will be rooting for the cyclones since my Jayhawks have a bye week.

Also, I hope the cyclones take care of business against the hawkeyes this weekend.