Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First overnight cook at my new house

Options
BluesnBBQ
BluesnBBQ Posts: 615
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
This month I've been pretty busy moving. I'm slowly settling into my new place ( a lot of my stuff is still in boxes). I did my first overnight cook at the new place this weekend. I had band practice at my house yesterday and I decided to serve pulled pork. I could only find picnic roasts at the grocery store, so I bought one of them. I kept it really simple this time - I scored the top fat/skin layer and rubbed the whole roast with Adobo. I put it on around 11:00 Saturday night. I didn't clean out the firebox or arrange the charcoal in any way - I just put the biggest pieces I could find in the firebox. [p]Usually when I do an overnight cook I like to get up a couple of times in the night to check the Egg. I set an alarm for 3:00 am, but it didn't go ogg or I didn't hear it. I woke up around 6:00 and thought to myself "Is there something I'm supposed to do this morning?" A couple of seconds later I realized "The barbecue!!!" I got up and checked the Egg. It was smoking away at around 270. I let it cook until around 3:00 pm and served it around 5:30. It came out perfect, and the dogs loved the skin and fat. [p]btw, the reason we had band practice yesterday is my acoustic band made it to the finals of the Baltimore Blues Society's blues contest. It's this Saturday at the Rosedale American Legion. See www.mojoworkin.com for more about the contest.

Comments