Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Are you happy it’s finally National BBQ Month? While we like to BBQ year round, May is our favorite because the whole country is celebrating delicious food. If you’re new to cooking BBQ on your EGG, check out our Smoking Basics Publication...if not, proceed to some of our favorite recipes! We love Dr. BBQ’s Coffee Rubbed Brisket, Famous Dave’s Sticky Ribs and Virginia Willis’ Pulled Pork. Pair with this cheesy favorite for a winning way to start off May!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Creative Turkey Spacing...any pictures?

Ohio Boy in DCOhio Boy in DC Posts: 67
edited 8:54AM in EggHead Forum
The neighbor is frying up a turkey for me so I've agreed to smoke one for him...that's 1 19lb and 2 14 lb birds I'm doing....[p]I've got the large egg but even using the Beer Can method it's pretty tight....[p]Most Creative solution wins!
·

Comments

• YBYB Posts: 3,861
    OhioBoy in DC,
    I would cook the two 14 pound turkeys and put in a hot ice chest and then cook the 19lb turkey.They will all be hot when time to eat.
    Larry

[ul][li]Last Thanksgiving[/ul]
    ·
  • YB,[p]Thanks, the pictures' rock! How did the pumpkin taste?[p]BTW, the chest keeps the turkey's warm for that long? Did you wrap them in Tin foil or anything???

·
  • YBYB Posts: 3,861
    OhioBoy in DC,
    I just put the drip pan down in the cooler.They will stay hot for hours.Foil makes the skin get soft.The pumpkin in Run&Jerks recipe...It is great.

[ul][li]Cooked Turkeys[/ul]
    ·