Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Beef Tenderloin tonight

Options
MississippiCoastEgg
MississippiCoastEgg Posts: 116
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
tonight I did a beef tenderloin, it did not survive long enough to get a picture. My parents came over and they and my wife raved about it..

I took the tenderloin and prepared it by removing most of the fat and silver lining. I then tied it up into a nice log and injected it with Roasted Garlic and Herb (Tony Chachere's) seasoning. I then coated it with Chicago Steakhouse seasoning and let it stay in the fridge for about 3 hours. I then got my egg going and let the tenderloin rest on the counter while I did that. Got my XL to about 700 and trex'd the tenderloing turning it as I went. Oh, just prior to putting it on I put turbinado sugar on the outside liberally.

Let it rest 20 minutes or so and put back on at 375 in a V rack in a pan of apple juice. Did not use the platesetter but indirect I guess considering I had the pan in there. I took it off about 145. Nice medium well ends and a nice hint of pink and pink juice in he middle of the tenderloin. (mom likes hers with no pink so the pieces near the end were perfect for her. I let it rest, tented while I finished cooking some wild rice, green beans and added some potato salad and english muffins for the bread. It was out of this world and thought I would share here.

Comments