Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Why can’t I find Royal Oak near me?

Options
Wanabe
Wanabe Posts: 355
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I can’t find Royal Oak in the west valley of Phoenix. It’s available in WalMarts all over the east so I’m bringing some back with me. The dept manager in the Ohio WalMart told me to bring an empty bag into my local store and ask them to start carrying it.

royaloakinjeep.jpg

Comments

• EGC
    EGC Posts: 448
    Options
  • Fluffyb
    Fluffyb Posts: 1,815
    Options
    The Walmart nearest us in Palm Springs does not carry it, but the one in Palm Desert does. Go figure. The last time I made a charcoal run, I had to ask where it was and they got me bags off of a new pallet. They said grilling season is ending, I said, "Hello, we're in the desert and temps are sure to be 100+ for another month". He agreed, guess corporate doesn't!
  • :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Whipstock
    Options
    You can order at walmart online and have shipped to the store.
  • Gator Bait
    Options

Hey Wanabe,

After the holiday call Royal Oak and ask them. 678 461 3200 They have aleays been very helpful.

Gator

• StoicDude
    Options
    Whipstock wrote:
    You can order at walmart online and have shipped to the store.
    Tried that and it doesn't work. Can't order any charcoal over the walmart site.
    Let me know if you find a way.

I haven't found any Royal Oak near me.
    They have Kingsford Charwood, Cowboy, Lazzari here. That's it.
    I tried to find Full Circle Charcoal, but couldn't find it or get anyboy here to order it.
  • Whipstock
    Options
    Stoic, I went to my local Wal-Mart today just to check on Royal Oak availability, they just got a new shipment in. Talked to the garden manager and she said if you contact the manager of your local store they should be able to order it in for you.
  • StoicDude
    Options
    Whipstock, where are you located?
    I am in Reno, NV, so I dont know if it is a regional thing.
    I will talk to the manager at WalMart and see if they can order it.
    Thank you for the tip.
  • troutman
    Options
    Hey Wanabe,

The Wal-Mart just south of Frank Lloyd Wright inside the 101, on Northsight, has a bunch of Royal Oak. I just bought 200 lbs. from there, and they had at least another 300 lbs yesterday.

Scott
  • Desert Filly
    Options
    Hey Danny,
    We've had RO down here at both of the local Walmarts. They should have it up in Phoenix area. But...we have noticed..that coming this holiday...it's gonna be scarce....Christmas stuff has to take it's place on the shelves.

The filly
  • Wanabe
    Wanabe Posts: 355
    Options
    I'm taking 100lbs home, but will start sourcing as soon as I get back home.
  • CaptainJimmy
    Options
    i have the same problem. Only one walmart around carries it, and its not necessarily convenient for me to get to....and they are OUT.

i suppose it's my own fault procrastinating all summer. I still have a few bags left.

I went to my grocery store however the other day and they had the paraguayan on sale for $4 for 18lbs. I bought it ALL. ALL. Don't beleive the hype- the paraguayan is good stuff - lots of large dense chunks that last forever.