Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

All Day Egging

Options
bitslammer
bitslammer Posts: 818
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Here the plan for today. Almost went for the XL but I think with some planning the MED will handle the cooks just fine.

Boneless Country Ribs on now at 250*F

After they're ready I'll reload lump and take the reactor up to 600*F and throw in the CI skillet to sear some scallops.

Next the filets will get a nice sear. Then rest as the Egg cools and then I'll finish them off.

Here the filets. Costco does a great job of trimming their beef tenderloins. Very little fat left and no silver skin. Almost takes the fun out of doing them.

3890164878_dd83e765e6.jpg
3889256197_41ea16d4c5.jpg
3890193858_1806a74e1b.jpg

And here's 1/2 of the pork.
3889377977_54b067511b.jpg

Comments

• NoVA Bill
    NoVA Bill Posts: 3,005
    Options
    That's gona be some goooood eats - looking fwd to finished pics.
  • EgginRN
    EgginRN Posts: 102
    Options
    Going to be tasty. Costco's meat is pretty d@#$ good.
  • Bluecrab3
    Options
    will be a great day for sure.
  • Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    Options
    Great Plan. The tenderloins look very good to me.
    I dont own a medium but it seems like if you loaded it up to the fire ring, reloading lump wouldnt be necessary.
  • bitslammer
    Options
    Bacchus wrote:
    Great Plan. The tenderloins look very good to me.
    I dont own a medium but it seems like if you loaded it up to the fire ring, reloading lump wouldnt be necessary.

Confirmed..took the ash tool and just gave it a good stir. That was all I needed. Was thinking reload because I've been cooking with some small little lump chips lately. I loaded up today with some huge "logs" of lump. They burned long and hot.
  • bitslammer
    Options
    Well as the chaos ensued (going from Wii to wiffle ball to shooting water rockets, and every other imaginable activity with the niece and nephew older in the course of 20 minutes) I forgot to grab pics of everything. All I got was the last batch of pork coming off. Wow that was killer. Like a bunch of mini butts actually but X-tra bark.

Oh well was a great afternoon and the food was great because even with all I cooked there were almost no leftovers.

3892030099_70377030f0.jpg