Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Need help in Central Florida!!!

FSUScotsman
FSUScotsman Posts: 754
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'm down here in St. Cloud for the weekend, getting prepared for my move to my new home in two weeks. Yet, I'm set up and ready to egg!! The help I need is that I can't find an Egg dealer with any supplies worth a #**$*#$&!!!! I found one with some Wicked Good, but even then it was highway robbery.

Does anyone know of a good Egg dealer within 100 miles of the Orlando area? Right now what I need is another cooking grate for my small, but I'll make do this weekend without it if necessary. My fear is that even in a city this large I'm going to wind up mail ordering everything. :angry:

Maybe I should open my own store...... :evil:

Comments

• loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Have you tried the dealer locater function on the BGE home page?
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • I think the Weber charcoal grate (the thing that holds the charcoal in a weber charcoal grill) is the same size as the grill of a Small Big Green Egg. I made a raised grid for my small egg using one. That should work. If you go to an ACE hardware stire, they usually carry the Weber replacement parts and they have charcoal too like Cowboy.
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Hey Ron we have a good one here in the Melbourne area. Pinch A Penny in Indian Harbor Beach has quite a few accessories but I would call them before you drive over. The # is 321-777-7273. Shoot me an Email if you need directions.
  • Hey FSUScott,

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Go Gators!

It's not exactly in your back yard but they probably have everything you need and a lot more. They do carry Dizzy Pig and I think they all have eggs at home! Great people!

American Grill & Hearth
    2881 Clark Road #16
    Sarasota, Florida
    Tues.-Fri 9:00- 5:00
    Sat 9:00-2:00 (bummer)
    Closed Sun & Mon (double bummer, I'm reading a business card)

Tel: 941-925-3985
    Fax: 941-925-7022

Here is a post I did about my trip up to their store in Nokomis.

Sorry I didn't see your post sooner, good luck,

Gator

• Thanks everyone. I started off with the locator. I then went to the Yellow Pages just looking for grill stores. I didn't even think about an ACE store for Weber stuff, that was a "grate" idea!! LOL!!!!

If I can't find an ACE with that part I'll call the PaP in Melbourne. I'll used their store locator to find it. It's not too far and I'll still be back to watch a lot of football.
  • JB
    JB Posts: 510
    Outdoor Kitchen Store
    3925 W. Kennedy Blvd.
    Tampa, FL 33609
    (813) 875-3447

They stock a lot of accessories, wood, DP and other rubs, sauces, BGE and Mali's charcoal (cheaper and better than BGE). They were the largest dealer in FL at one time, not sure if that still holds true or not.
  • Ditto for the Outdoor Kitchen Store in Tampa. Good selection, great team running it. From St. Cloud take I-4 west to 275 towards St. Pete (once you get on 275 you will be going through downtown Tampa). Exit at Dale Mabry and turn left (south), turn right at Kennedy. They will be on the right within a few blocks.
  • Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Call for Dan the owner and BGE distributor for 15 years. He also is going to be the dealer for the Sunshine State Fest in Mar '10.

http://www.pinchapenny.com/local/indian-harbor-bch
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Dang Richard ,,, I just checked his website and it's really outdated. He hasen't had any gassers there in years. Guess he needs PBM to design him a new one :laugh:
  • Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Sounds like a good project since it seem that all he has time for is Sabrina, Restaurant Depot and LOONEY? LOL PBM