Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Stuffed pork tenderlion with goodies

Options
Darnoc
Darnoc Posts: 2,661
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Did a stuffed tenderloin tonight with apple,raisins,onion,and a tad of cheddar cheese,then wrapped with bacon.
Cooked thin sliced bacon about thirty seconds per side.
001-43.jpg
Then chopped up a quarter cup of apple,and a quarter cup raisins and about four slices of paper thin onion.Sauteed for about one minute.
002-36.jpg
Then added about three tbs of sharp cheddar cheese.
003-33.jpg
Then rolled it up after stuffing and wrapped with re cooked bacon.
[IMG]http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x155/77mallard/005-20.jpg[/IMG After thirty minutes at 280 degrees.[/img]006-22.jpg
After one hour.
007-17.jpg
Rest for ten minutes and serve.
008-10.jpg

Butterfly the tenderloin and pound it flat.
Put it in a plastic bag.
Pour 1/4 cup soy
Mash up four cloves garlic
Two sprigs rosemary crushed

Let it marinate for about one hour.

I sprinkled some Dizzy Dust on top of the tenderloin then wrapped it all up and did the cook.
Will be a do again cook.

Comments

• RGBHV
    RGBHV Posts: 1,318
    Options
    That really looks nice...

Stuffed pork is quickly becoming one of my go to cooks.

It can be very creative, there are lots of options, it's pretty easy to do and it TASTES great!

Good for you!

Michael
  • NoVA Bill
    NoVA Bill Posts: 3,005
    Options
    Wow, nice looking cook. One of these days I'll pick up the knife to roll out the tenderloin. I like the bacon wrap.
  • Darnoc
    Darnoc Posts: 2,661
    Options
    Thank you Bill. Any sharp knife will do.A pairing knife,fillet knife,chefs knife,Chinese cleaer or any thing in your kitchen that is sharp.I have noted that you mention Loudoun County in Va.In my bachelor days I purchase one of the first houses built in Sterling Park near Dulles Airport.My oh my how things have changed in that area.
  • rosros
    rosros Posts: 408
    Options
    I like how creative people get with stuffed tenderloins. Looks like you will do again and again. Looks great.
  • Fluffyb
    Fluffyb Posts: 1,815
    Options
    Bill, that looks fantastic. What a great combination, perfect for fall.
  • SSN686
    SSN686 Posts: 3,504
    Options
    Morning Bill:

I just finished dinner, but you are making me very hungry again with that beautiful piece of pork! May have to try that one soon!

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• JLOCKHART29
    Options
    Well done! Is there any thing that bacon doesn't make better!! :whistle:
  • NoVA Bill
    NoVA Bill Posts: 3,005
    Options
    You wouldn't believe in just the past 10 years how the traffic has gotten BAD and property taxes have risen in spite of the devaluation of property values.

We're looking to down size and move a bit further out west in "red neck" country - the elites inside the Beltway will understand what I mean as western Loudoun and pionts west are commonly referred to "red neck" country - personally I luv the area and folks. Don't want to get to far away from Loudoun Golf & CC (Purcellville) as it's a gem and best kept secret in NoVA.