Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Reheating ribs...

Options
Bama Chad
Bama Chad Posts: 154
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
scenario : taligating in ATL tomorrow for the Bama game. I live in Buckhead so will only take about 10 minutes to get to the spot. Thought about baby backs on the egg overnight, pull them off around 7-8 am, have to head down shortly there after. Wanting to reheat probably around 1-2. Going to only have a small charcoal weber (I know, I know)...what's the best way to keep and reheat? Won't have time to freeze...

Comments

• gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    Options
    I've had O.K. results with pulling the ribs when they were 90% done, freezing, and then finishing on Egg when thawed in fridge.

However, why not finish the ribs a little later, and wrap them in foil and towels and place in a cooler with bottles of hot water. They should stay pretty warm, and if they need a little heat at the end, use the Weber and add some sauce.
  • Bama Chad
    Options
    Yeah, I wasn't sure how long I wanted to try & go without cooling them down...kinda in no man's land trying to keep them warm for that long...plan is to leave here at 8. I could probably throw them on earlier and get them in the freezer by 4..that would put them in the freeze for 4 hours...that way I could keep them cold until time to reheat...which might work.
  • CBBQ
    CBBQ Posts: 610
    Options
    I'd pull them unsauced, wrap them in foil and then put them in a zip-lock bag. Only 1 slab per foil and bag. Throw the bags on the ice of a cooler to bring the temp down fast. Use a low fire and put the ribs on still wrapped in the foil. When they're warm enough to eat pull them out of the foil and sauce.
  • Grandpas Grub
    Options

I have cooked ribs fully, when done wrap in foil then take 2 yds' fleece stadium blanket material - which I specifically bought for this purpose. I have kept the ribs hot for 4 hours.

You could put the bundle in a cooler but that won't make much difference the material will insulate well enough.

Other than that, cook the ribs to about 80% to 90% done refrigerate then finish the cook at the game. Some restaurants do this exact same thing in order to have ribs ready to serve on demand.

GG