Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

I cooked some'en:Down & dirty NY strips/ribeyes

JLOCKHART29JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
edited 8:15PM in EggHead Forum
Nothing fancy tonight. Just some fresh from butcher meat served up hot and rare! :woohoo:
The raws:
EarlyAug09food135.jpg

The cook:
EarlyAug09food138.jpg

EarlyAug09food140.jpg

The bird:
EarlyAug09food141.jpg

Comments

• FlaPoolmanFlaPoolman Posts: 11,672
    I like not fancy over fancy ;) Looks great JL. You gotta try the kikkoman roasted garlic teriyaki on the steaks one time ;)
  • cookn bikercookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Jl, Simple can be some of the best ones. Nice to see Jake and great looking plates!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • EgginRNEgginRN Posts: 102
    Looks great! I can taste them from here.
  • TXTrikerTXTriker Posts: 1,177
    JL, I prefer simple over fancy anytime and I bet Jake prefers beef over poulty too. He doesn't seem to be getting dehydrated either. ;)
  • "Sparky""Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    Dang JL,that looks great!!!! :woohoo: What's with the wine glass though? :whistle: :lol: I thought that you were a "beer guy" :ohmy: :laugh: :P
  • loco_engrloco_engr Posts: 3,673
    Steak, potatoes,salad & toast . . .An All-American meal!
    Great looking eats JL!
  • JL,

Great looking beef! Didn't come from the back yard did it?
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,600
    U DA MAN! B)
  • Great looking cook JL, and the bird is looking good as well

Ross
  • Will do Pat. Wife said she had seen it at Wally World. ;)
  • Nope thats green tea in the glass. Don't know if its the ice cold he likes or the tea but thats one of the reasons it's so easy to get him up there is he likes drinking some of it. :laugh:
  • Pretty much am but wife opened a bottle of elderberry wine and brought me about a 1/2 glass. I'll drink a glass of really sweet wine but not big on drys.
  • :laugh: Nope it's not from the yard! Still got a few months till the little ribeyes get loaded up for the sale barn. Plenty of grass this year so let'em put on the weight!
  • NoVA BillNoVA Bill Posts: 3,005
    Simple and good! That's the ticket, well at least mine :laugh: