Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2 out of 3 dinner

Options
Ashman
Ashman Posts: 375
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Funky cut London Broil with Montreal seasoning and smashed taters with Cheddar, butter, green onions. First time doing the taters, and they were a big hit!!

Gs9-1-2009001.jpg

Gs9-1-2009005.jpg

Broiled/dried asparagus

Gs9-1-2009002.jpg

Gs9-1-2009004.jpg

The wife wanted the asparagus cooked in the oven under the broiler:blush: and I ran a little long on the grill, she turned off the oven, but didn't take them out. :blink: We were left with paper thin asparagus :laugh: . It's all good!

Comments

• Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    Please give it up on the taters (the recipe, please). London Broil is looking good.

Faith
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • Ashman
    Options
    I boiled the whole Idaho potato until it was about 90% done. Then split it open on a cedar plank and kind of broke it up with a fork until it was spread out flat on the plank. Loaded it with butter, S&P, then chunks of cheddar cheese with chopped green onions on top. Put it on the grill,not over the flame sort of indirect on an XL egg, at 400 for about 30 minutes, and it was done. Had great flavor and the topper was, the skin got all nice and crunchy. This was the first attempt, but to easy and good not to do again.
  • Little Chef
    Options
    Ashman,
    Great job on the steak and taters! ;) Crashed taters have become one of our faves, as well. :) Have you ever tried to grill your asparagus? Just drizzle with a bit of EVOO, salt and pepper, grill direct rolling them around a bit for about 3 minutes...yumm. (just put them on perpendicular to the grid and they won't fall through) ;)
  • Ashman
    Options
    The pictures don't really do the end results justice. The stems were flat, just as if you had smashed them between 2 books. I never realized there was so much moisture in asparagus. Most of the time I grill them a you described, and they usually come out great, but my wife wanted to broil them. After 18 wonderful years of marriage, I try not to argue :) . My guess is, next time she will ask me to grill them. Thanks for the suggestion. :)
  • Little Chef
    Options
    I wouldn't be at all surprised next time... :woohoo: :laugh: :silly: :laugh: :whistle:
  • reelgem
    reelgem Posts: 4,256
    Options
    Great looking dinner. Those potatoes look similar to some crash hot potatoes that I make. I've put cheddar on top, I'll have to try that.
  • Car Wash Mike
    Options
    I see your from Jacksonville. I used to visit there quite a bit. My ex SIL lived at Queens Harbour. Are you any where close to there?

Mike
  • Ashman
    Options
    Not really, I live just south of mandarin in Switzerland. It really is St. Johns County, but our mailing address is Jacksonville.