Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mixer Decision- Thanks!!

Options
JSlot
JSlot Posts: 1,218
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Thanks for all the input. Once again the diverse knowledge of this group has never ceased to amaze me. The choices came down to the Electrolux Magic Mill and the Kitchen Aid Artisan 325 watt model. The Electrolux had the power advantage and the open top for adding ingredients, but, in the end, two factors swayed my decision in favor of the Kitchen Aid. The first was price. Since I'm not going to be doing an unusual amount of baking etc., it was hard to justify spending the extra money for the Electrolux. Secondly, and more importantly, the Electrolux was not available in EMPIRE GREEN!!!!!! So, my new mixer will match up nicely with my family of BGE's!!! Thanks again for all of your wonderful opinions and insights![p]Frosty Ones,
Jim[p]P.S. Final Tally = K/A Artisan 5 qt. Stand Mixer in empire green from Amazon.com $209.89 with free shipping. But wait!! There's more! Since I spent over $99 in small appliances, I get a free Proctor Silex 4 qt. round crock pot! Free shipping on that, too!! Life is good!!

Comments

• Gretl
    Gretl Posts: 670
    Options
    JSlot,
    Way to go! Green would be my choice, too. Awesome.

• The Naked Whiz
    Options
    JSlot,
    Do we need to add this to the list of "you know you are an Egger when....."???? LOL[p]TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • JSlot
    JSlot Posts: 1,218
    Options
    Don't even make me start thinking about how many "life" decisions I make based on my Eggs!!! IT'S NOT AN OBSESSION!!! Really, it's not. :) Excuse me, I must go. One of my cookers needs a hug.............[p]Jim
  • Chris
    Chris Posts: 148
    Options
    JSlot,[p]The BGE is helping us with landingscaping our backyard. We built a new home about three years ago and while the front is nicely landscaped the backyard is a blank canvas. Well a month ago here came the BGE now we're ready to begin our project with the BGE being the star and focal point.[p]Heck... we're not obsessed... are we?[p]Chris

• Puj
    Puj Posts: 615
    Options
    Magic Mills run in the 4s, with the lowest price that I know someone has paid over the past couple years is about $380. Given your criteria you've made a good call, Jim.[p]Enjoy the green KA.[p]Puj[p]