Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Got your W.S. catalog yet?

Options
McKevin
McKevin Posts: 47
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My new Williams Sonoma catalog came today, & was I ever shocked to see my favorite cooker staring out at me! Yep, the BGE is now carried (and advertised) by what is arguably one of the high prestige names in the business. I wonder if all those motherly type clerks in the aprons will be learning to use one?? Maybe every high priced shopping center in America can look forward to clouds of hickory smoke luring customers in to the little tiny samples of pork butt & spiced cider inside :))[p]Gotta stop, just rambling now... Stuffed too full of that rib eye.[p]C~W & S.T. correct me if I get this wrong,[p]Heeeeeeeeee[p]

Comments

• J Appledog
    J Appledog Posts: 1,046
    Options
    McKevin: It's a good thing that I've got an egg or two! I'm forever trying to figure out how to fit another copper pot into our annual budget.[p]Gee, maybe I can get a part-time job doing demos at the local Williams-Sonoma store. Perhaps on one of those weekends when my husband is getting 100 bucks an hour to demo Weber grills*...JCA[p]* Not meant to be confrontational; purely fact.

• sprinter
    sprinter Posts: 1,188
    Options
    McKevin,[p]Do they carry the accessories also or just the egg itself? I have not received teh WS catalog, waiting with baited breath now.[p]This is interesting, if they carry them in the stores, not just the catalog, they are competing very closely with their distributors (in St. Louis that is). There is a high end mall about 2 miles from one of the BGE distributors in St. Louis, there is a WS store in this mall, I wonder how that distributor will feel about this?[p]I checked the WS web page, no mention of the BGE that I could see, what were they advertising it AS?[p]Just curious, hope the catalog comes in today.[p]Troy
  • KennyG
    KennyG Posts: 949
    Options
    J Appledog,[p]I'm gonna try for one of those demo jobs myself. I just found a BGE dealer right in my new neighborhood and at their prices, I'm glad I bought when I did. Seems to be plenty of profit built in to cover my professional demonstration services. hehehe[p]K~G[p]

• Nu-Guy
    Nu-Guy Posts: 136
    Options
    J Appledog,
    Never heard of a Williams-Sonoma Store. What is it and do we have one in our area?[p]Thanks J

• Nu-Guy,
    There is one at Woodland. It's worth checking out. JCA

• JimW
    JimW Posts: 450
    Options
    sprinter,
    Judging from the WS prices, the local distributors don't have much to worry about.
    JimW

• McKevin
    McKevin Posts: 47
    Options
    sprinter,[p]They were calling it a Big Green Egg. $695 plus $99 shipping (I assume shipping to your home...)
    WS admittedly doesn't have a wide reputation as a discounter, but for the most part, they only carry top notch products.