Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

New Small - Now Work Begins

Iowa State EggerIowa State Egger Posts: 337
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
After some debating, I decided to pull the trigger on a second Small BGE rather than the mini. The mini was intriguing, but I wanted the extra space and the dealer I like to deal with didn't have a mini in stock.

Kickoff is Thursday night, so my goal this afternoon is to make a carrier/table for two smalls. I have seen a lot of good carriers out there, but never for two so hopefully I am not biting off too much!

Here is the picture of the new little guy - modeling for measurements:

SmallEgg.jpg

The Start:

JustStartedWorking.jpg

Got the cutting done with the exception of the circles:

Peices.jpg

Since the cutting was done, decided to stop and have a beer. I started with 3/4 inch plywood. The dimensions will be 48" by 30". I cut out 10" legs, so the whole thing will stand 11.5"s.

This sparks the question - how big of holes do I need to cut. I assume I can eyeball it, but I assumed somewhat has already figured this out.

Thanks in advance!

Dave

Comments