Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Are you happy it’s finally National BBQ Month? While we like to BBQ year round, May is our favorite because the whole country is celebrating delicious food. If you’re new to cooking BBQ on your EGG, check out our Smoking Basics Publication...if not, proceed to some of our favorite recipes! We love Dr. BBQ’s Coffee Rubbed Brisket, Famous Dave’s Sticky Ribs and Virginia Willis’ Pulled Pork. Pair with this cheesy favorite for a winning way to start off May!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Beef Short Ribs?

Cpt'n CookCpt'n Cook Posts: 1,917
edited 6:44AM in EggHead Forum
I picked these babies up at the butcher shop the other day and prepped them lime I would pork ribs, yellow mustard and some DP. I am planing on cooking them at 250 indirect for about 5hrs. Should I sauce them?

Any suggestions would be appreciated

DSC_0002-5.jpg
·

Comments

• DarnocDarnoc Posts: 2,661
    I would treat them the same way that you do spares.Myself at the last 30 minutes of the cook I spread some sauce on top to firm up a bit.Or you can do it at the table with some warmed up sauce out of the micro wave.
    ·
  • Cpt'n CookCpt'n Cook Posts: 1,917
    Thanks

They are on in the pouring rain
    ·
  • MarvinMarvin Posts: 515
    Stick a thermometer in the meat and take off at 190-200. For saucing: just the last 20-30 minutes.
    ·