Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

35# of pork

Options
Rolling Egg
Rolling Egg Posts: 1,995
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Anyone else have an overnighter going? I have 35 pounds of boston butts on right now cruising along at 250. I'm using the spider and adjustable rig combo for the first time for boston butts. I have a party to attend tomm. I bet they'll love seeing me pull up :woohoo:
IMG_5958.jpg

Comments

• Bash
    Bash Posts: 1,011
    Options
    Looking good. Got mine on about 4 hours ago. Now reading 145 internal on the smaller one.

Richard
  • Crimsongator
    Crimsongator Posts: 5,797
    Options
    have fun tomorrow. Be sure to dodge the rain drops.
  • Jeffersonian
    Jeffersonian Posts: 4,244
    Options
    I bet so, too. Butts are far and away the biggest bank for the buck, not to mention the "oooo" factor. Nice looking cook RE.
  • tbonemac
    tbonemac Posts: 69
    Options
    I have about 20 lbs on my medium. Been on about 4 hours and holding 230. I have not invested in the rig yet, but I like the set-up you have. Don't have the guru either, running manual.
  • Bash
    Bash Posts: 1,011
    Options
    I'm thinking of getting a guru. I have not been completely stable tonight. Was up to 260, so I closed it a bit, then it fell to 230. Opened it a tad, and now its up to about 245. Need to see if it stabilizes for a while so I can go to sleep. Next time I'll have a guru and go to bed earlier! :whistle:
  • Little Chef
    Little Chef Posts: 4,725
    Options
    Rolling....Be sure to take pics of these babys pulled!!! :laugh: I may be smelling a BT Carnivore Award!! :woohoo: But, that of course is up to BT! ;)
  • bubba tim
    bubba tim Posts: 3,216
    Options
    Hey RE,

Well it is about damp time that someone posted a large cook! I have not been posting but I have been reading. Seems like there are a lot of cooks but no pics lately.
    Congrats on this cook.

BubbaApproved-3.jpg

Please send me your mailing address to bubba@bubbatim.com :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
    SEE YOU IN FLORIDA, March 14th and 15th 2014 http://www.sunshinestateeggfest.com You must master temp, smoke, and time to achive moisture, taste, and texture! Visit www.bubbatim.com for BRISKET HELP
  • tbonemac
    tbonemac Posts: 69
    Options
    OK, about 11-1/2 hours in, woke up this morning with the dome sitting on 230. Opened the lid for the first time to check and take a reading and the meat is sitting at 155 - 160. I am feeling pretty good about things especially since I got about 7 hours of sleep last night. I hope yours rode the night out OK and congrats on the BT Award!
    img445.jpg
  • mojo
    mojo Posts: 220
    Options
    Rolling Egg - I notice your temp probe is in the lower level butt. I haven't done this myself but I read here that the upper deck (higher up in the dome) is hotter than the lower deck, so you may want to move your probe so that you don't overcook the butts on top.

Nice cook!!
  • Rolling Egg
    Options
    I actually used three probes. One in the bottom and two in the top. Thanks for the advice though.
  • Rolling Egg
    Options
    Bubba Tim,
    Thanks a bunch for the award! I just took all of them up and I have them in the cooler. I needed them done at noon so I nailed the time. It was my first cook of that size and it went well. The only thing I noticed was lump consumption. I filled it up as far as I could to the bottom of the stone (sitting on the spider) and when I took the buts off I looked under the stone and I barely had enough lump to roast a marshmallow. I guess more food = firing harder to keep 250. Great cook though, thanks for all the responses.