Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Clue me in!!!

Options
2»

Comments

• Kamper
    Kamper Posts: 41
    Options
    Dr. Chicken,[p]I'm a paper towel puller type myself, but have been itchin' to try some of the cat fish skin pullers I've heard about here on the Forum...Man, I bet those cat fish hate it too. Anyone know a good source for the skin pullers?[p]Kamper
  • Dr. Chicken
    Options
    DaveW,
    Thanks, I'll give that a try next time around![p]Dr. Chicken

• KennyG
    KennyG Posts: 949
    Options
    Dr. Chicken,[p]Seems like you've already got a lot of good advice before I had a chance to chime in. The only thing I know for sure is that every once in a while I'll encounter a rack of babies or pork spares that just won't give up that membrane easily for whatever reason,. For those occasions, I just shred them with a fish scaler (from Walmart in the same department at the catfish skinning pliers). [p]K~G

• King-O-Coals
    Options
    KennyG, Our tastes must surely swim in the same pond. I too am a fan of the New Orleans style of cooking. My favorite dishes are Creole, Cajun (Acadian), and Zydeco. My spice shelf contains very little else. Prudhommes spices and seasonings are my favorites. My blackened redfish drives my neighbors crazy when the smoke drifts their way. Look forward to reading your egg-pinions on the board.

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    Cat, your the closest of all..:-) I can demembrane a pork loin or babyback rib in 5 seconds..most of the time. But ooooouuuunce in a while there is a absolute failure. KennyG is my hero tho in that department!!!! Heeee..C~W[p]