Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

How many mini owners here?

Options
2»

Comments

• hornhonk
    hornhonk Posts: 3,841
    Options
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    Least I can see over the rim shortstop. :angry:

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options

Me too, this was a couple of quickie meals.

Some brats
    bratsonmini.jpg

brats.jpg

And some grilled tuna sandwiches
    tunamelt_1.jpg

tunamelt_3.jpg

GG
  • Martyr82
    Martyr82 Posts: 24
    Options
    I have 2 large and a mini. I love all my EGGs equally.

Marty
  • WWSis
    WWSis Posts: 1,448
    Options
    We have one! As many of you know, my brother Weekend Warrior delivered our (first) large egg to us at the end of May, having come from the Hampton Beach fest in New Hampshire. I then had to run right out and get the mini just a few weeks later! Love them both; so far "mutt and jeff" are sharing the cooking responsbilities pretty evenly. We are cooking about five nights per week on the buggers.
  • Crimsongator
    Crimsongator Posts: 5,797
    Options
    We have one and love it. I've carried it to a few places to cook steaks. Everyone that has seen it in action, love it
  • FSUScotsman
    Options
    I bought mine because of all that I read about it here and because I was by myself a lot this summer. As it turns out it's getting used a lot even when there are two of us and I suspect that once football season gets going it's going to be a work horse because it's so fast. I can turn burgers over at a 4-5 minute clip and if I over lap them just a little I can get four on there!!! I just wind up turning them more than once.
  • Corv
    Corv Posts: 365
    Options
    I've got one. Bought it used. It's the right size when I'm just cooking for myself - things like a couple brats are so good on it!
    Also have a Medium, or used to anyway; it's deceased now and has been replaced by a brand new Large. Plus a Roccbox pizza oven.
    Somewhere on the Colorado Front Range
  • Corv
    Options
    I've got one. Bought it used. It's the right size when I'm just cooking for myself - things like a couple brats are so good on it!
    Also have a Medium, or used to anyway; it's deceased now and has been replaced by a brand new Large. Plus a Roccbox pizza oven.
  • Corv
    Options
  • Corv
    Options
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,043
    Options
    @Corv old threads say "posting error", but it still works.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,515
    Options
  • Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    I still love my mini!
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    I have had one since 2009 . . . love it!
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • loco_engr
    Options
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • loco_engr
    Options
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
  • loco_engr
    Options
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,026
    edited December 2023
    Options
    I'll go against the grain. They simply aren't worth $400+ for a new one. This is coming from a guy that owns two of them. (I was able to snag a couple used ones for a Benjamin each years ago.) While I'll admit they're fun to cook on, there is no way I'd pay $400+ for a new one. There are better options out there for $400. I'd pass on the Mini and just go straight Small BGE for actual everyday use. My wife is the real Egghead. I've tried multiple times to sell at least one of the Mini's and my wife has always put her foot down when I've mentioned something about selling one. So they sit in a shelf out in the garage. The Small sees all the love when needing a smaller grill. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • WeberWho
    edited December 2023
    Options
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • WeberWho
    edited December 2023
    Options

Minnesota
  • WeberWho
    edited December 2023
    Options

Minnesota
  • WeberWho
    edited December 2023
    Options

Minnesota
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    I have a mini.  Spent $250 on it.  Over paid, but love it anyway.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,749
    Options
    bought the vision version-kub.  have done everything from steak to deep dish pizza to 10 hour plus low and slows and 24 wings at a time. 100 bucks with shipping when they discontinued them. never figured out why people didnt like the little egg. well the vision kub is a half inch bigger at the grid..... =) will be rebuilding the table wings soon
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,749
    edited December 2023
    Options
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it