Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Help! Foodsaver doesn't suck!

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
So my not-under-warrantee but pretty much-new Foodsaver has apparently crapped the bed, and does not vaccum anymore. Is there any repair possible? I paid over a hundred dollars for it, and haven't used it much more than a couple dozen times...grr.

TIA.

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,887
    any visible cracks or is the gasket out of the track? If it has no warranty I'd go after it with a screwdriver and see if I could find the problem.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Judy Mayberry
    Judy Mayberry Posts: 2,015
    Is it just on one bag, or on all bags? New bags or reused bags?

Some bags I'm reusing just won't work.

Judy
    San Diego
    Judy in San Diego
  • Bags or vac canisters, neither work, so I'm guessing it's the pump.
  • Kokeman
    Kokeman Posts: 822
    I bought mine in February or march and the latch broke last week. I called to buy a new latch and they told me it was not available as a replacement part. The customer service lady asked for the number on the plug. She looked it up and said they will send me a new unit after they receive mine back. When I called them back with the tracking number they did not have my model in stock so they are sending me the next better model. This all took place last week. I was told it would take up to 2 weeks to get my replacement. So far I have been very happy with there service. They are in America and you can understand them. Not like all the other companies send customer service jobs overseas. :)
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    gms,

What model?

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Kokeman
    Kokeman Posts: 822
    There number is 18007775452
  • giantwing
    giantwing Posts: 189
    Its why I try to buy stuff like that from Costco.
    They take anything back
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,887
    good point! Which reminds me - I'd think by now that someone somewhere who purchased one of the boot-leg BGEs from Sam's has tried to return it for some problem...wonder how that was dealt with by Sam's.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Make sure the rubber gasket is in place. If it has the little pull out tray for liquids, take that out too as it may reduce suction. Try the suction tube for canisters and see if you feel suction just to see if the pump's working. Scott
  • I don't know how the canister part works; never tried it.

However there is a rubber gasket at the top and bottom, separate from the black heater (that seals the bag). I occasionally needed to take out the gasket, clean it, then put it back in. It restored it to full power :)