Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chef's Choice #610 Slicer

Bordello
Bordello Posts: 5,926
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Here is my Chef's Choice 610 meat slicer that came today.I think it will work fine for me.

BBQEquipment001.jpg

BBQEquipment003-1.jpg

BBQEquipment004.jpg

WooHoo,
Bordello

Comments

• Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
  • Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Mine works great. You will enjoy it.
    They make that guard for a reason, use it. :)
    Mike
  • NoVA Bill
    NoVA Bill Posts: 3,005
    Looks like it is fully capable of taking off a finger tip in the process!! :laugh:

I did look up the grinder/stuffer you ordered - wow you're getting serious about making some sausage!

Good luck!
  • bitslammer
    bitslammer Posts: 818
    Yikes!

Did you hit the lottery or are you starting a business?

Scale, grinder, stuffer, slicer...you've got the makings of your own Deli going.
  • Bordello
    Thanks Hoss,
    I can't wait to try it but me thinks I best not try this after a day at the pub. :(

I really wanted a better one but this is the right price range and I am actually impressed so far.

Will let y'all know after I try it out.

Cheers,
    Bordello
  • Bordello
    Thanks CWM, yes, I fully understand about the guard having lost the tip of my finger in the trade. :angry:

Regards,
    Bordello
  • Bordello
    Thanks NoBA Bill,
    Not sure what the heck I'm doing but I'm enjoying the ride. ;)

I will take it a step at a time. Mainly want to make some good stuff to give to friends. I don't eat a heck of a lot but enjoy cooking on the Egg.

Regards,
    Bordello
  • Bordello
    I used to be in the trade but that was back about 20 years ago. I rent and my landlord has a boat in the garage so I can't run my table and band saw so am thinking I can do something in the kitchen. Love machines and it kills me to not be able to use em.

Thanks,
    Bordello

I sure appreciate the kind folks of the forum.
  • Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Just one? You got off lucky. :blush:

Mike
  • Bordello
    Yep, and it only got what they call the pulp cap,just missed getting any bone. They had to cut a piece of the heel of my my hand, just below the thumb to make a new tip and attatch it.

So anyone looking at that finger ask why it's a different color. Makes an interesting story.

Now, ya want hear more of me getting hit by the car walking home from the pub??? Smart, don't ask, was not a good thing. :laugh:

Be safe my friend, I'll handle the heavy stuff.

Regards,
    Bordello
  • troutman
    troutman Posts: 498
    You keep those girls way, way away from that.

We don't want them losing any of those body parts.

Nice slicer. Use the guard, as noted above.
  • Bordello
    Thanks Scott,
    You bet, I watch over my Ladies like a hawk. Don't take this wrong but I adore these young Ladies and I mean that. I know their mothers, aunts, grandmother. Trouble is they know all about me. :(
    Oh well. :angry:

Regards,
    Bordello
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Thanks Bob. We just ordered one today off ebay for 84 bucks. I set Mrs. Nature loose on the research, and she found that people were saying good things. Please let us know how it works out.

With twin girls going into high school, we are aiming to have them bring lunch more often. Turkey breast, pork loin, eye round roast, ham cooked on the egg makes the best lunch meat ever, and this slicer (I am hoping)....along with my vacuum sealer (bag and freeze), and we'll be able to keep the sandwich fixin's rollin all the school year!

'course I don't work at home any more, so I'll be bringin them thin slices and some bread to work with me!

Much appreciate the heads up. Probably would not have pulled the trigger without reading your post a couple days ago. Fits our budget, hopefully it's as easy to clean as they say. SAMMICHES BABY!
    Cheers, and howdy to your ladies for me.
    Chris
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Bordello
    Hi Chris,
    Damn, the girls are going into high school already??? Man your getting old. :laugh: Just ribbing ya Chris.

How about ya posting a picture, it's been awhile since I've seen seen one, they must have grown so much.

While I haven't taken the slicer fully apart I don't think it will be too bad to clean. For the price it's looks to be better made then I thought it would be.

But having been at the pub I'm not fooling with it for now. :( :lol::lol: Don't want to do anything stupid. :whistle:

Hope all is going well with you and yours.

Keep in touch,
    Bordello

Tell Woo Doggies Hi for me. Don't see him posting much or I'm just missing his post.

I'll let my Ladies know y'all are asking about em. Damn, I wish I was 40 years younger. :woohoo:
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,759
    That reminds me when I was working a snack bar in high school and was cleaning the big commerical slicer and ran my finger over the top of the blade and needless to say, that took a long time to heel. Be careful!
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • Bordello
    Yuck, I remember seeing one of the butchers cut the palm of his hand wide open with his very sharp and long knife. It was not good.

Regards,
    Bordello
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    OK YOU ARE COSTING ME MONEY BORDELLO!! :evil: just ordered this slicer and the scales LOL got it on ebay for the same seller as Chris I think :P now to decide on a meat grinder.....
  • Pickle
    Pickle Posts: 74
    I used mine for the first time about a week ago. Easy to disassemble, and cleaning was no big deal. One thing that surprised me was how slow the blade rotated. Still cut just fine, but was expecting faster rotation. Also, it is somewhat loud.

Pike
  • tach18k
    tach18k Posts: 1,607
    It is real nice. I at odds with the blade. Is the blade cutting up and not down? I would think the blade would cut down onto the table, like a table saw would.