Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Spreading the love this Valentine’s Day with your EGG? Virginia Willis’ three course menu is perfect for a date night! February is also National Chocolate Lover’s Month, so don’t feel guilty if you’ve been cooking a little more dessert than usual on your EGG. If you’re looking for something a little more savory than chocolate, try some Roasted Chicken Flatbread or Pork Tenderloin with Honey Mustard.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and the Culinary Center too!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Mimi on the beach

BuffaloChipBuffaloChip Posts: 106
edited 3:25PM in EggHead Forum
Last week I was talking to WessB and telling him how much I was going to miss my eggs while on vacation for two weeks. His reply...sounds like an excuse to get a mini. So later that evening I was telling my wife the sad tale of how we had two weeks without having do anything and we wouldn't be able to enjoy food off the eggs. Mentioned how it would be nice to have a mini to take. She said might as well get one. Nuf said.

Called Rona at Hearth and Patio in Waldorf on Wed morning and picked up the mini on Thursday. Spent a couple of hours on Friday making a transporter based on Wess's and Jay's (SSN686) ideas.

Fired it up and cooked some thighs at the beach today on Assateague Island National Seashore. Cooked enough for lunch today and some leftovers. Can't fire the thing up at the condo.

A few pics but forgot to take one of the cook. Not a big deal as they look pretty much like all the other pics of thighs. The last pic is the obligatory "wild horses of Assateague" pic. May remind you of someone you know. :whistle:

--Dave [SSBN 625(G)]

beachedpiglet.jpg

beachedpiglet2.jpg

horsesa.jpg

Comments

• FlaPoolmanFlaPoolman Posts: 11,670
    Nothing like a mini party on the beach. Nice pics
  • loco_engrloco_engr Posts: 3,673
    Congrats on the getting a mini! You won't regret it!
  • Aunt CrazyAunt Crazy Posts: 378
    Sweet! I have been trying to decide what to do at the beach-don't want to leave one down there for the neighbors to use/abuse when we are not there. This may be the perfect solution. My dad did not like his mini and sold it some time ago--are you satisfied/pleased that you bought it so far?
  • NoVA BillNoVA Bill Posts: 3,005
    Nice vacation location.

Too bad about not being able to cook at the condo - Guess you'll be eggin's by the ocean ;) or in the parking lot?

Got luck...the mini won't let you down.
  • Like any egg, it can't be beat. Easy to transport and it's amazing how little charcoal this thing uses. I used two cupped hands from the bag and next time I'll most likely use only one handful. Only thing is waiting for it to cool down in order to put it back into the car. But what the heck. Very nice on the beach today.

Yup, perfect for the beach.

--Dave
  • WessBWessB Posts: 6,937
    Way to go Dave..Awesome pictures..glad everything worked out and it looks like you are making good use of it...Enjoy the mini and the time off.
  • Aunt CrazyAunt Crazy Posts: 378
    I am convinced!
  • MaineggMainegg Posts: 7,787
    Oh great! :angry: I can not let my eggs know what your egg gets to do for vacation.... :S
  • Judy MayberryJudy Mayberry Posts: 1,701
    Do it! Do it! Do it!

Judy
    San Diego
    Judy in San Diego
  • SundazesSundazes Posts: 274
    I just hope those monster horse flies didn't take the mini. Well on second thought, egged horse fly???? Naw.
    Just leave before Danny comes in.