Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Nanner Puddin Head

Options
BobinFla
BobinFla Posts: 363
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Next time you're making nanner puddin, and you're layering it together, try sprinkling just a little of the "Dizzy Pig" "Pineapple Head rub on each layer of the puddin. Also, just a little right under the "Nila Wafers" that you top off the puddin with.

Go easy. You don't want to actually overpower the nanners or the puddin, but just a taste. Just a slight kick. Good Stuff.

BOB

Comments

• Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
    Do you make REAL nanner puddin :woohoo: or that other stuff :sick: :ohmy: :blink: ??? :huh:
  • BobinFla
    Options
    I can eat both. :woohoo: :blush:

But the puddin that I tried this out on was made by a friend. Recipe for vanilla puddin, with nanners cooked in. She won't give me her recipe. Yet.

Then I assembled it in one of those disposable aluminum half pans.

Layer of Nilla wafers
    Layer of sliced bananas
    layer of pudding
    sprinkling of Pineapple Head

Layer of Nilla wafers
    Layer of sliced bananas
    layer of pudding

Layer of Nilla wafers
    Layer of sliced bananas
    layer of pudding

Topped with final layer of Nilla Wafers
    Cooled and served.

BOB
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
    Sounds YUMMEE!,I love nanner puddin,especially the REAL OLD FASHIONED kind! :whistle: I can tolerate the NEW kind,IMHO,REAL nanner puddin is a lost art! :( :angry:
  • BobinFla
    Options
    Definately a lost art.

I am being just as sweet as I can (holding my words/biting my tongue, as needed) trying to get her recipe.

If all that fails, I'll just start experimenting with recipes myself.

BOB
    what could be wrong with having to eat the mistakes?
  • Crimsongator
    Crimsongator Posts: 5,797
    Options
    oooh, another sweet application. Icecream is still my favorite way to use pineapple head.