Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My oops at FL mini-Fest

Options
SSN686
SSN686 Posts: 3,504
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Morning All:

All Saturday evening I was telling everyone that I would cook two Sausage/Cheese rolls for breakfast on Sunday morning while people were packing up. Well, Kathy and I went up to our room at about 11:00pm (3rd floor...no elevator...my knees were not happy...but that would be the only complaint about Tuckaway Shores) to prep the Sausage rolls. As soon as I got in the room I realized I had forgotten the frozen bread...we had the cheese, sausage & eggs, but NO BREAD! I checked on-line to see if there was a Publix or Winn-Dixie still open that late, but no luck. We did find a Wal-Mart SuperCenter (that wasn't very super) as we couldn't find anything to use as a substitute. Now I'm really upset. So I decided I would get up early, go to the Publix to see what I could find. I got to the Publix at about 6:50am, but the sign said they didn't open until 7:00am, however, they said come on in. I got two tubes of Pillsbury French Loaf as I couldn't think of anything else that would work. Got back to the hotel and EggHatter got up to help. She is very good at "unrolling" the French loaf dough without destroying it.

Well it worked, here is one of the rolls...
FLMini09-27.jpg

and a close up...
FLMini09-28.jpg

and the other one...
FLMini09-29.jpg

They weren't as "bready" as normal, but still very tasty.

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

Comments