Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Suggestions wanted for early am Eggfest cook.

loco_engrloco_engr Posts: 3,673
edited 11:58AM in EggHead Forum
Trying to think of a dish that would be good to serve in the morning at the Denver Eggfest. Maybe it's me,
but I keep thinking it should be be something geared towards a breakfast theme. Any suggestions?

Thank You

• We've done a sausage and egg casserole at a fest before. There are many recipes available online and it is an easy to do cook that people seem to enjoy.
    Aiken, SC. and
    Fancy Gap, Va.
  • tjvtjv Posts: 3,404
    breakfast tacos, quick, easy and variable depending on the fixings. can you do a butt or brisket the night before. then it's just scrambling eggs in the morning.....t ACGP, Inc.
  • fieroguyfieroguy Posts: 777
    Maybe Pork Butt Mike will chime in here - he wokked some very delicious breakfast treats at the Florida MiniFest. And so did Jay (SSN686).
  • MaineggMainegg Posts: 7,787
    these are so easy it is not funny :) I do them a few days ahead and freeze and then they thaw just right to go on the egg or go right on frozen. I do the topping in a heavy duty zip bag and just snip the corner to drizzle. I think everyone likes them... they is always a line waiting for them to come off the egg LOL nothing to prep at the fest and nothing to clean up. just toss the frosting bag :) and then you get to enjoy everything else or cook more and more and more LOL
    a few mini chocolate chips and orange zest in them is great too!
  • fieroguyfieroguy Posts: 777
    Dadgummit Julie, gotta try that one!
  • MaineggMainegg Posts: 7,787
    try them they are stupid easy! and those are the same biscuits I used on the little pizza things I did for dinner last night
    they are very handy to have in the freezer.
  • If you want to take it up a notch try the Jalapeno Pie I did the other day. Delicious and very easy.

This is all you need.

If you want a more traditional breakfast, how about this.

Or a waffle.

I love breakfast on the Egg at Eggfests.

Spring "Breakfast In Bed" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • JPFJPF Posts: 591
    Nothing starts the day like ham n eggs on a egg!
    but cinnamon rolls would go good too!
  • AZRPAZRP Posts: 10,116
    Since you're making breakfast, I'll take a couple eggs over easy, bacon, coffee, toast, and some fresh squeezed OJ. :laugh: :laugh: What ever you make I'm sure it will be good. Looking forward to this weekend. -RP
  • PicklePickle Posts: 74
    I've been wanting to try the grilled scotch eggs that I've read about on this forum. Wrap some breakfast sausage around hard boiled eggs, and add bread crumbs on the outside. Traditional scotch eggs are fried in oil, but I bet they would come out fine on the egg.
  • YBYB Posts: 3,861
    My wife has cooked this at a few eggtober fest and it's easy to make and taste good.
  • This is a nice treat for early morning and very easy to make.

You can find the recipe and method here: Casserole

• This is one of my favorate things to do in the wok on the Egg. Just did this also at Florida Mini Fest

PBM’s Kitchen Sink Breakfast

8 Fresh Eggs (scrambled)
    2 Medium Potatoes Diced
    10 Ozs. Diced Ham (optional) (any breakfast meat can be used)
    1 Small Onion Diced
    1 Tbl. Chives
    8 Slices White American Cheese
    Salt & Pepper to taste
    Dash of Favorite rub
    1 ½ Tbl. oil

Heat Wok or Skillet (preferably Wok) with 1 ½ Tablespoons of oil on your EGG at 350 degrees.
    Once oil and Wok is hot add potatoes and brown. When potatoes are lightly browned, add ham and brown. Add diced onions and cook until translucent. Season to taste with salt, pepper and favorite rub. Add 8 scrambled eggs and stir constantly until eggs start to firm up. Add cheese, constantly stirring until eggs are done. Serves 5 to 6.

Pork Butt Mike

2009 Florida Egg Fest
  • I egged this fritata with all the components you find in a crawfish boil. But you can basically do it with anything. Easily cuts into small squares for sampling.

Could use an aluminum pan indirect.
  • Jupiter JimJupiter Jim Posts: 1,795
    I also did it with Mike's help. :)
    Thanks Mike.
    Jupiter Jim
    I'm only hungry when I'm awake!
  • bitslammerbitslammer Posts: 818
    Cinnamon rolls topped with pig candy.
  • RipnemRipnem Posts: 5,511
    Bloody Marys :woohoo: :whistle:

Lets see...what else would I like?

How bout bacon, egg and cheese quesadillas.

Good question though. I bet we do some Pineapple or some other fruits.

See ya soon. ;)