Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

North GA Egger gathering today

Options
"Sparky"
"Sparky" Posts: 6,024
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Thanks HungryNephew&wifey(AKA Lee and Susan)for inviting us to your house today.I had a great time hangin out with old friends,and meeting new ones.I didn't get as many pics as I would have liked,but here's what I got ;) First,Vidalia1 cooked some stuffed tostidos on the mini :woohoo:

DSC_0010.jpg

I cooked some more feta-stuffed 6-8 count skrimps on the small :ohmy:

DSC_0015.jpg

Firestarter21 made his delcious tomatoe torte?,with the help of Kendall obviously :lol:;)

DSC_0035.jpg

And here's Kenny(little Big'un)cookin up some sausage :)

DSC_0042.jpg

There was plenty more food,but I didn't get any pics :blush: C tredwell brought some ribs,the host made some pulled pork,and there was a ton of other great snacks and stuff.Here's the rest of the pics ;)

DSC_0002.jpg

DSC_0021.jpg

DSC_0022-1.jpg

DSC_0027.jpg

Comments

• mint-tulip
    mint-tulip Posts: 171
    Options
    Thanks to Lee and Susan for hosting a great group of people at a fabulous spot. Hope to see the group at the gathering at our house in September.
  • c tredwell
    c tredwell Posts: 575
    Options
    Yeah buddy!
    Had a good time... Got to say Barrett's tomato tarte was incredible.. :) got to get that recipe (hint, hint)
    Sparky's shrimp tasted more like lobster :laugh: , they were HUGE! Girly egg's beet and tater salad was great (loved the cilantro) pulled pork...OMG...good job Lee..glad you didn't burn the kitchen up :whistle: . Smoked olives, nuts, mini tacos,egged beans, sausage... whew! damn, I'm full! Thanks to Lee and Susan for hosting, always an "eggin' good time!"

chris
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Looks like every one had a great time a great grub!
    Love seeing the kids getting invovled.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • "Sparky"
    Options
    Hey Chris,thanks for filling in some of the blanks :whistle: I wasn't sure who brought what :blush: I was with the eggs most of the time ;) I couldn't eat another bite man :ohmy: Good times :woohoo:
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    Looks like a great time Doug ;)
  • B & C
    B & C Posts: 217
    Options
    Hey, Doug did you forget my number? I wish I had known, give me a call. I saw Damon, Todd & Jeannie, and Ron Baker yesterday at the mothership for the fundraiser for Gold Shield (Firemen & Police) - Game Day Grilling. I actually had something else going today but I want to get out with you guys again.
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    Sparky,

That's it. I'm immigrating if y'all will let me. :P

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Little Chef
    Little Chef Posts: 4,725
    Options
    Sparks...Looks like it was a beautiful day, and a wonderful time!! Always the best to get together with fellow eggers!!! (It's too bad there's never any food though....) :blink: :laugh: ;)
  • GirlyEgg
    GirlyEgg Posts: 622
    Options
    Hey there! I was just talking about you tonight! I was wondering where you were! I still have handles on my cast iron skillet!!

Send an email to Vidalia1 or mint-tulip... They are hosting the next one on September 19th...
  • GirlyEgg
    GirlyEgg Posts: 622
    Options
    Great pics, Doug!

Thanks to Lee & Susan for their hospitality!

Great seeing everyone!
  • Firetruck
    Firetruck Posts: 2,679
    Options
    Doug, it looks like a great time was had by all.
  • Beli
    Beli Posts: 10,751
    Options
    Doug..............sure looks like a great gathering.......be prepared for the eggtoberfest invasion....
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
    Nice yard party!I knew I liked something about Georgia! :laugh: ;)
  • Ross in Ventura
    Options
    Thanks for sharing Doug

Ross
  • EgginDawg
    EgginDawg Posts: 747
    Options
    Thanks to Lee and Susan for hosting. The food was great, the company was better! :laugh:
  • HungryMan
    HungryMan Posts: 3,470
    Options
    Good job Nephew. When you come to Tampa in a couple weeks you can do all the cooking.
  • Looks great Lee, and everyone. I am so sorry to have missed it. It's a shame when family obligations interfere with egging, eating, and drinking with friends... :P
  • Firestarter21
    Options
    Here is the recipe for the tomato basil tart. I did not come up with recipe and was introduced to it at the 07 Eggtoberfest(sorry, I forgot who made it)

Tomato Basil Tart

1 frozen or refrigerated 9” piecrust
    1 ½ c. shredded mozzarella cheese
    5 medium plum tomatoes – thinly sliced and drained
    1 c. loosely packed fresh basil leaves – chopped
    2 garlic cloves – crushed
    ½ c. mayonnaise
    ¼ c. grated Parmesan cheese
    1/8 tsp. white pepper

Place piecrust in 9” tart pan or pie plate. Bake pie shell per package directions. Remove from oven, sprinkle ½ c. mozzarella cheese on hot crust. Cool. Slice tomatoes and drain on paper toweling. Place in cooled piecrust. Sprinkle coarsely chopped basil and garlic over tomatoes in the shell. Combine 1 c. mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, mayo, and pepper together and spread evenly over top of tomatoes, covering to edges. Bake @ 375 for 35-40 minutes until golden. You can make this 1-day in advance and reheat in 350-degree oven until warm.

It is one of our favorites, we have had at least one a week since we have had so many tomatoes this summer. Hope you all enjoy.
    Submitted by: Pat Hoeh
  • "Sparky"
    Options
    Thanks for sharing that recipe Barrett.It is delicious :woohoo: It was great seein ya'll again ;)
  • Firestarter21
    Options
    No problem, we had a great time and look forward to seeing the gang again before too long.