Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hardware question for EggMates

Options
kjed
kjed Posts: 55
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi All,

I picked up a pair of EggMates wooden shelves at a yard sale (no BGE to be seen, hmmmm...) for my Large BGE. They're a little "seasoned," but will look great after sanding and refinishing. The problem: there were no nuts and bolts to fasten them to my BGE. So, can anyone tell me what type/size nuts and bolts I need to get these shelves attached to my egg?

Thanks,
Keith

Comments

• Weekend Warrior
    Options
    Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I think they're the same bolt/nut combination that attach the bands to the hinge. Those bolts may be a little hard to find. They have the inverted cone shaped head and knurled underside for fitting between the band and the egg. Mark
  • MtnBlue
    MtnBlue Posts: 109
    Options
    I just bought an Egg Mate for my new Large BGE yesterday. Here is the Parts list from the Assembly Manual (version 1-25-08).

(2) Pre-assembled tables
    (2) Interface Brackets
    (1) Hardware Bag containing:
    (8) 1/4"x 3/16" Shoulder Screws (These attach the table to the brackets)
    (8) 8-32 Nylock Nuts (These attach the table to the brackets)
    (4) 1/4"-20 Keps Nuts (These secure the clinch studs through the band)
    (4) 1/4"-20x 5/8" Clinch Studs (These go through the band)
    (4) Utensil S-Hooks

I hope this helps.
  • kjed
    kjed Posts: 55
    Options
    MtnBlue,

That should be perfect. Now I need to find a hardware store that has these in stock. :huh:

Thanks,
    Keith
  • "Sparky"
    "Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    Options
    Hey Keith,most BGE dealers should have a few extras around.If you can't find them,let me know and I'll mail you some.I've got some extras layin around in the barn ;) Just shoot me an email if you want them :)