Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

North to Alaska Day 6

Options
Spring Chicken
Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
For those of you who are still interested and want to see some of what we did on Day 6 of our Alaska Trip, click here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5HnZzVY3IU

By the way, still no Big Green Eggs to be seen anywhere.

Spring "Suffer'n Egg Withdrawals" Chicken
Spring Texas USA

Comments

• NoVA Bill
    NoVA Bill Posts: 3,005
    Options
    Keep 'em comming - I'm enjoying the pics! Thanks for sharing.
  • Raebo
    Raebo Posts: 47
    Options
    Thank you so much for doing this, I wish I had that kind of artistic talent.
    It brings back warm memories as my good wife and I did the same trip many years ago.
    PS
    I'm going to get a good camera and learn how to do that, you have inspired me.

Thanks again.
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    Thanks. I've got more in the works as we e-speak.

Spring "Working Between Working To Keep Up" Chicken
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    "artistic talent" huh? Shoot... I just started playing with the Windows Movie Maker software on my computer and decided I was smart enough to figure it out. Took about five minutes to start making my first movie. I've learned more since then but it really isn't talent, just playing around.

As for a camera, you really don't need video or expensive equipment. That just helps to make it more interesting. All the video you see was done on my Flip camera that I paid $79 for.

Here's an example of something I tried early on and it came out great. In fact, it gave new life to some very old photos taken with a Kodak Instamatic.

I just scanned the photos into my computer. Then I imported them over to my video project, put 'em in sequence, added some captions, imported some appropriate music and published it. I thought it was good enough to share so I uploaded it to YouTube and now anyone can see it.

Take a look at what old photos can turn into.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w726CZK8JiU

Now go scan in some old photos and start playing.

Spring "Oldie But Goodie" Chicken
  • Beli
    Beli Posts: 10,751
    Options
    Wowwwwwwwwwwwwww Leroy.........absolutely gorgeous..........loved your beautiful model too..... :laugh: .....try & see this train ride....sure you'll like it........

http://www.chepe.com.mx/ing_html/index.html
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    awesome! Such rugged beauty! Thanks again for sharing!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    Thanks. It was definitely one of those "WOW" experiences.

I saw a video about the Copper Canyon train ride a few years ago. I thought it would be a fantastic adventure and it is on my list of things to do in this lifetime or the next one (unless I come back as a duck or something).

Thanks for the reminder.

Spring "Training For Train Rides" Chicken
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    You're welcome Ron. It is just that and more. I can only imagine what the miners had to go through to reach the top before the railroad was built.

Spring "Climbing Every Mountain Is NOT In My Plans" Chicken
  • Babyray
    Babyray Posts: 250
    Options
    Great production again, Leroy..What is best time of year to make that tour? Probably during our hot summer?Look forward to your next installment.

Ray and Faye
  • Popsicle
    Popsicle Posts: 523
    Options
    Looks great Leroy. Thanks for sharing. I still don’t know how to post a picture and you are a full-blown cinematographer that can cook.
    Popsicle
    Willis Tx.
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    That's what we thought when we scheduled for July 8th. But we left 100° Houston weather only to arrive at 94° Fairbanks weather. It was a fluke but still very warm.

It's only our first trip up there so we don't know when it's best to take a trip. The cruise ships don't run year round.

Anyway, glad you enjoyed it.

Spring "Only One Hot Day In Alaska And I Was There" Chicken
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    Thank you, but I would rather be a 'full-blown cook' that knows a little bit about cinematographery. LOL

Spring "Owning An Egg Does Not Make One A Great Cinematographer Or A Great Cook" Chicken
  • Gator Bait
    Gator Bait Posts: 5,244
    Options

Thanks Leroy, that was wonderful.

Thanks for sharing, Sir.

Gator